Aagh - Visa advise needed urgently - who can certify docs and what do I need to send?

    Recommended Posts

    Hi, everyone.


    Well I've sent off my visa application and at no stage did it say attach any documents, I did however provide AITSL and IELTS reference numbers. However, I do believe I will have to send something! I've colour copied passports, birth certs, marriage cert, quals, IELTS and AITSL but need to get them certified. Can anyone advise if a head teacher can certify them in the UK? If so, what is the wording as I can't find it any where? I don't think I have to send any work related docs as I am not claiming points for work experience - is this correct? I have already proved to SA SS that I have the minimum 1 year exp for their requirements and that has been approved. Any advise greatly appreciated. Thanks

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    A head teacher will be fine :-) If using a visa agent they can certify them. If not my boss did all of ours. Just someone who owns their own business or has a professional qualification. The post offices can do them for a small fee but I'm not sure that they will be accepted as they only stamp and write "certified as a true copy".


    How to certify a document

    Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:



    writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document

    signing and dating it

    printing their name under the signature

    adding their occupation, address and telephone number


    Don't take any chances as you could lose your fees! You are brave doing it yourself. Good luck :-)

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now