kev'liz

Woke up this morning to find out we are moving in 5 weeks!!

Morning all,

In another post I made I had said about there not being any work for Midwives due to cut backs within SA health....well I still can't find a job, but my husband has landed a job and they have given him a start date. We've gone from plodding along feeling down, to making plans quickly!!

We are in need of accommodation from 27/09/14 for 4 weeks. If anyone could help that would be fantastic!

Liz x

Guest matt n mel

congratulations!! can't help with accommodation advice, but good luck on your new adventure!! Great time to come, sunny springtime!

Wow that is a nice place but also try one of the members that list or on here - you can get a whole house for a similar or less price.

Great news.

If you are wanting accommodation try checking out the Accommodation Available area of the forum on here http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/accommodation-available/

Some members have short term fully furnished lets which are a good starting point for a few weeks till you can find a longer term rental. You may find they are all booked out at such short notice but you never know, one may have availability for the full period or perhaps you could split it.

Also look at places like Air BnB and the house sitting website for Adelaide. And consider the reputable camp sites that have chalets and so on.

Also there are plenty of small holiday apartments in and around Glenelg. Usually searching something like 'Glenelg, Adelaide, holiday apartments' will get returns to sift through, check reviews/feedback etc. I work not far from some holiday apartments in Glenelg and they are always full come the summer months (the buildings are well maintained outside fwiw) but tend to be a bit quieter at other times, so chances are that some of them will have bookings free if you needed it. I know some members on here have booked to stay at a holiday apartment in Glenelg to start them off. Bit more lively than out in the suburbs and has the tram line into the CBD so handy if you don't have a car. All the shops are nearby along Jetty rd or just off of it, supermarkets, pharmacy, bargin stores, cafes, bars and so on. Plus can get the bus to Marion shopping mall or tram into the city for all the other stuff.

Edited by snifter

Guest berries

Hi,

good luck on your very near move!!!!!

Very surprised to see your husbands job Snr Tech!!!

I am a band 5 Tech in my local hospital, I have just sat the IELTS and I am waiting on the results. Need 8 for all parts for my points for visa.

Anyway, I was wondering, where has your husband got a job? Hospital?

So there are jobs out there ha ha

Thanks

Cath

Hi guys,

Kevin here, sorry we have been off the radar as we are still in our first week and it has been very stressful! As those that have moved before us will know that setting up is hard work. That said flossybth we did find a short term rental and just today have accepted a long term lease in aberfoyle park......

Hi berries, yes I was a hospital based pharmacy tech in a hospital in kent and did work in community before that, we came over on a 190 PR under my wife's role as a midwife. But I ended up getting a job in a hospital here starting on Tuesday (Monday is labour day). Had a Skype interview back in the UK and got the job offer 7 days later!

Good luck with your ielts, my wife really suffered with that as she is dyslexic!!

Kev