Linda21

Cost of taxi

Hi everyone,

We are heading over mid October for our reccie. Can anyone advise how much it would cost approximately for a taxi for 4 people with cases from the airport to Christies Beach? We will be organising car hire once we are there but only need a small car to get around, however would need something a bit bigger first and last day to transport cases! Therefore we are checking out taxi prices for airport runs. Any advice appreciated. Thanks all and can't wait to get over!

Guest Guest75

It will cost a bit for a taxi I reckon. Figure about $80 at least.

Make sure you tell the bloke managing the taxis that you have a fair bit of luggage and he will ensure he puts you into a station wagon.

The other alternative is to arrange your hire car from the airport, it will be cheaper than a taxi.

I would squash in for those two journeys, even a slightly bigger car will be less than two taxi fares for that distance. It is surprising what you can fit in the back seat alongside two people.

If the place you are staying has a washing machine bring less stuff!

Guest Guest14361

Avis will be approx $80/$100 the day, I hired a commodore sv6 for $400 for 5 full days the other week

I don't like to be too forward but if Doug hears about us and offers we would be only too happy to arrange something. It just feels that after such a long flight it would be nice not to have to worry about driving ourselves that night!

Guest Matty

Alternatively if you don't mind a bit of hassle you could get a bus to the city then train to Christies

Hi guys, I'll get back to you later. I'm not sure if I can get either the 4 X4 or the trailer I've used in the past.

Thanks Doug. We arrive on the 21st October at 20:50 so any help would be great! If not, no worries and thanks anyway for trying. Hopefully hear from you soon.