Guest Guest14361

1 per kilometre

Guest Guest14361

13 Klms from work to my front door and tonight I saw 13 idiots on the road, unbelievable!!!

It was some girl with nt plates cutting in and out dangerously on my way home yesterday. Often middle aged men though. You'd think they'd know better.

On Tuesday I was innocently driving south on the expressway not long after joining at Flinders, just after the speed limit goes to 100. I was probably doing about 95 and a truck wheel (fully intact, not just a tire) bounces over the middle barrier at speed. I had nowhere to go with a truck to my left so just braked and tried to pull into the small overlap lane on the right, but there was no way I could avoid it.

Car smashed to pieces and lucky to be uninjured - had I braked a second later instead of hitting the front passenger side, it would have gone either through the windscreen or under the middle of the car and flipped me, more than likely either would have killed me.

But I'm alive, so a few beers tonight are well deserved!

Wow. That's horrifying! I've seen a few wheels which have come off. One smashed the front in of a shop I visited. Again off a truck. Two had come off. Luckily nobody had been in the way at the time as there was a bus stop right there.

On Tuesday I was innocently driving south on the expressway not long after joining at Flinders, just after the speed limit goes to 100. I was probably doing about 95 and a truck wheel (fully intact, not just a tire) bounces over the middle barrier at speed. I had nowhere to go with a truck to my left so just braked and tried to pull into the small overlap lane on the right, but there was no way I could avoid it.

Car smashed to pieces and lucky to be uninjured - had I braked a second later instead of hitting the front passenger side, it would have gone either through the windscreen or under the middle of the car and flipped me, more than likely either would have killed me.

But I'm alive, so a few beers tonight are well deserved!

OMG that sounds horrendous!! It doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened. Glad you weren't hurt and hope it hasn't shaken you up too much. Makes you realise how dangerous the roads are.