Guest chelleron

nurse looking for help

Guest chelleron

:jiggy:Hi just joined this site and looking for some advice and tips. my hubby and my two sons are hoping to move to adelaide at the end of this year. Iam a staff nurse and my hubby is an electrician. Ideally i would like sponsorship if any one has any advice i would be very grateful

chelle x

Not meaning to put you off but if you are a nurse you should have enough points to gain PR. Sponsorship is good if that is your only option at coming out but ties you to your employer. If you do not like where you are then you are stuck (this happened to friends of mine). The whole process (currently is taking around 8 -9 months), once a skills assessment is obtained. I would look at the http://www.dimia.gov.au/ website and look at your eligibility for a PR visa. This would also mean that you are entitled to child benefit and rent assistance if need be. It would allow you to work at any hospital or do agency if needed. This is the route that my husband and I took. Andy has a permanent job at Wakefield and I am working agency around him (the money is good although obviously I get none of the benfits that permanant staff get like holiday and sick pay!) - I am a midwife. You may also find www.anmc.org.au of interest. We applied without using a migration agent - the application was pretty straightforward.

Shout if you need any help - Just a thought

Lindsey

Guest BAZnDAF

Welcome to PIA and the immigration roller coaster ;)

Listen to Lindsey, thats sound advice, go for the PR visa it gives you more flexablity.

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Good luck with it all. I am also a nurse, i didn't use an agent, it was ok a little stressful at times but def do-able. I didn't go for sponsorship either for the same reason Linsey mentioned being tied to an employer & being stuck with them. Good luck with it all with what ever route you take

Guest Django

Hi Chelle,

Welcome to PIA. Looks like the others have beat me to it. At this moment in time being a nurse is one of the easiest routes into Australia. The skill assessment part is extremely straight forward and the visa application can be done on line.

As Lindsey says do the points tally and see for your self. There are enough of us on here to help you through the whole process with what to do next etc.

Good luck and let us know what you plan to do.

Pete

Guest chelleron

Thanks for all the replys, i guess sponsorship is not the way to go. My hubby and i have been discussing moving to adelaide for over a year now and are confused over lots of things but the one that confuses me every time is whether to go through an agent or not. One of my best mates moved to adelaide in aug 07, she went through an agent, the whole process from start to finish took 4 months. On the other hand i have heard its not hard to do the paper work yourself and how much money do you save not having an agent as i imagine they are expensive. The other thing that confuses me is where do you start????

michelle x:wacko:

Guest Django

You will save yourself around £2,000 by not using an agent. Last year in September when the 175 visa first came out someone got it in a week. Now days you are looking at around 12 months for the whole process. Agent or not I doubt whether you would get a visa in 4 months time now.

The other thing that confuses me is where do you start????

Ok Register as a nurse with the NBSA (Nursing Board of South Australia) to do this go to http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ where you will find what info you need to send them.

Once you are registered you then only need to do the modified skill assessment not the full monty. Send your skill assessment off to ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council) http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20original.pdf

You can just do the skill assessment without first registering but would then have to do the full assessment http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

This is the process http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf

You don't need to be registered to be skill assessed or to apply for the visa but it does save money and time on the skill assessment front. Hope this makes sense and helps. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Guest chelleron

thank you for your help pete, i will follow your advice and hopefully get the ball rolling.:)

Hi and welcome to PIA, you wont go far wrong if you take Django's advise, couldn't have put it better myself. Good luck with your visa application.

Jo

Hi

I emigrate at the end of the month and am being sponsered by the royal adelaide hospital on a Regional Sponsered migration. Process was really easy applied for Job online and they supported us through the visa process and we now have permanent residency any ??? then don't hesitate to ask.

Kris

Guest chelleron

:DHi kris

thanks for your reply, how easy was it for you to get your job?, did you use an agent??

Do you not worry that you are tied with the sponsorship?. a girl i used to work with works in the renal ward in the royal adelaide and loves it. My specialty is orthopaedics which is where i would like a job but iam not sure about how easy it will be to get one. My hubby is an electrician, i am concerned as i have heard its very difficult to get a job and there are lots of exams he will have to sit ,can anyone help with any information regarding what my hubby would have to do .

I have a job in the orthopaedic unit at RAH. We did not use as an agent as process was really easy on the RSMS visa, not worried about be tied to a job by the visa. Applied for job online and then they were going to give me a telephone Interview, however I told them I was visting in August 07 and had face to face interview and got a call an hour after interview stating that I had got the job. First thing you should do is register with the nursing board of south Australia this is really simple to do.

hope this helps

Kris

Guest alibongo

hi guys,

I actually did go through an agent but i only got onto this website after I was quite far through the process If i'd known about the Poms I may have been more confident to do it alone. However!!

Good luck with your application!

The forms are quite easy to go through and I think there are quite a few nurses on here so go on pick our brains.

Ali

Guest mr luvpants
    I have a job in the orthopaedic unit at RAH. We did not use as an agent as process was really easy on the RSMS visa, not worried about be tied to a job by the visa. Applied for job online and then they were going to give me a telephone Interview, however I told them I was visting in August 07 and had face to face interview and got a call an hour after interview stating that I had got the job. First thing you should do is register with the nursing board of south Australia this is really simple to do.

hope this helps

Kris

Hi all

we are torn between Brisbane and Adelaide. My wife is a student nurse and will qualify at the end of the year. She has to do 1 year back to the trust as they seconded her and then we are free to go.Can I ask a few questions please?

What hospitals are there in the Adelaide region?

How much could she expect to earn?

Is it possible to interview over the phone and where would we start in the application (agent or direct to the hospital)?

Many thanks

JOHN