Smithers

Australian wages

Hi can anybody let me know the wages paid for a qualified painter&decorater

be it monthly,weekly or hourly rate? I am trying to budget for when we arrive in march

many thanks

steve

Hi Steve, watching with interest as my husband is a P&D too and can't seem to get a defined salary. Think generally speaking on average it's about $25. Do you have a job set up?

Karen & Alex

No job offer for me just going to wait till we get there and take it from there really.

its been a long wait but should be there March/April time

How about you?

My husband has been offered a job on a 457 but stressing out as they want us there in New Year & lm just not sure if we'll b able to sort ourselves out. Got 3 girls & a dog as well. Seems to b plenty if work. Do u have an children?

Hi karen

no kids all grown up so its us that are leaving home now!

Just the two of us so probably got it a bit easier than you by the sound of it

good luck

Lots of professions have 'award rates'. You could try looking that up for your occupation and see if there is one. It's basically a list of terms and conditions for that job and has minimum wages and overtime etc.

Hi , sorry to jump on your thread but my husband is also a self employed p&d in uk. We are just in 1st stages of checking we have enough points etc at moment but wondering what best options would be for him, whether to go on his own like here or get a job for a company out there?