Sign in to follow this  
Guest Libby1971

GOT AN ADDRESS

Guest Libby1971

Morning

Just found out the address for OAA, Everard Park. Not sure where it is but seems close to CBD unless my geography has gone wrong (I got a U for O level - only knew the population of Norway when i walked in the room and they didn't ask me that).

Anyway, wondered if those of you who know the area or who may have stayed here would please be so kind as to let me know what we are in for? Thank you so much

Libby x

Crikey this seems very real now!!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

Congratulations on your first aussie address :lol: Just had a look on google maps and looks like a good place to start out, close to everything.

Good luck with it all :lol:

Lisa

Hi Libby,

we are I think just down the road from you in Lechlade, and wish you well on your new life.

I bought an Adelaide city directory back with me when I came home in Feb, and am pleased to say that Everard Park is very central to a lot of places. It is just off Anzac Highway which is the main road leading from the city to Glenelg, and should also be very handy for the tram service that runs between the two. It is also quite handy for King William Road, which is a very trendy shopping area with lots of Cafes/Restaurants. I can recomend Kibbys as very good and not very dear. My wife and daughter in law like to spend lots of time here.

Guest Bex & Nick

Nice one Libby!

Can I ask how long it is before you go to Oz now? Bet you're excited.

Bex

Guest Bex & Nick

Actually I can answer that myself (doh!), if only I'd read further down the posts!

GOod luck for your trip!

Bex

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Thanks for all your good wishes and info on this area. It does look good, near Glenelg, 10 mins from beach adn 5 mins from CBD. I can't believe it. The accommodation might be grotty though so we might have to sleep on the beach!

I will post asap from the other side.

It still hasn't sunk in yet. I know we go in 2 days and have said loads of goodbyes but it might as well be happening to someone else for all the emotion going through me at the moment. Mind you, my 45 year old hubby is behaving like a 3 year old. He might get abandoned in Singapore! I am pleased but can't believe it is us.

This computer has to go back to school tomorrow so all will be quiet for a while. Bye and thanks for all your support while in the northern hemisphere.

Libby and Co