Smithers

Shipping forecast

Hi all

we are moving over March next year and looking to get 3 quotes for the move. Got a 3bed house to pack up!

anyone able to recommend any companies to use and do you think 3 quotes is enough?

seen a few companies advertised on here but wanted to know if there was a favourite to use regards price and service offered?

cheers

steve

Guest wen66

Hi, I got Crown and Robinsons to quote. Haven't decided who, yet. Doing that this week. Both companies came out and both were very professional to date. I'd be interested in other folks experiences on the other side.:-)

We went a bit mad and had 6 or 7 out. Most expensive by far was crown relo, we ended up going with white & co, they use Kent removals this end and all was good.

Play them off against each other and you will save, we just sent a generic email to all of them saying they were our preferred provider but their price was a little higher, we got £300 off.

Hi Steve,

I can't comment on a company to recommend. Been here 7 years now.

What I have noticed is that containers are often delayed beyond their projected arrival time. I have had a number of guests extend lately due to delayed containers. I don't know if it others have experienced this as well?

There is a great thread on here from Claire who lends out stuff when this happens so that's something to bear in mind.