huggesy

Car insurance claims

Lady drove into me end of last week no one hurt luckily, both insured so contacted the company and reported to the police now waiting to hear assessment etc.

i have never made a claim before anyone come across any pit falls etc they can advise me of?

If someone is hurt (and it's your fault) then you end up paying the excess in your insurance AND the compulsory third party insurance excess. My partner just found this out after tapping a car with his semi truck. So gentle a touch that it didn't even smash any lights and at very low speed. Apparently she now has whiplash so he has to pay both excesses. :-/

Also, if you are at the back of a pile up it is considered you are responsible for all of the damages.

That's pretty much all I can think of. The only time I've had to claim for someone hitting me was way easier than the uk. None of this having to get three quotes. Just took it in and got it fixed. Easy.

I am also in the same boat.

The only downsides that I am encountering are the length of time to get the car repaired...2 months to get it into the repairer...and although it wasn't my fault they won't pay for a replacement car for the week that I will be without my car.