SWMBO

Fairview Park

Can any one tell me about this area and what it is like to live in .Do not need to know about schools as kids grown up.

Some good friends of ours have lived in Redwood Park the next suburb for decades. It is nice up there and they have a view over the city. House prices are lower because it is a fair way out. He does hate his commute to the city for work!

Also a fair way from the coast but good to get up into the Barossa.

Tea Tree Gully for shopping not too far away.

Never been to fair view but guessing it is similar, older houses on bigger lots. Hilly.

I like Fairview Park. Some nice leafy plots, some with good views (although some on steep slopes), nice golf course (if you like that sort of thing!) - and if you need to get into or out of the city, close by the OBahn stop at TTP (not sure why someone would hate the commute into the city from there - OBahn is fantastic, and so fast!) Good little shopping centre there too with excellent Foodland, fresh greenrocers, bakery, butchers, couple of cafes and takeaways.... Also look at Vista - that's another favourite of mine near there.

My sister in law and her OH live at Fairview Park. It's a lovely spot - nice and quite with lots of space and very green. They know lots of people in the area and all their neighbours we have met have seemed very friendly. The local shops are great - my eldest son goes to the Hobby Matrix there on a semi regular basis and we've had plenty of opportunity to check out the other shops. My in laws seem very happy there.

Guest WhatNow?

I live at Surrey Downs (just the other side of Hancock Road) and it takes me 35 Minutes to the city. You can drive in 10 minutes to TT Plaza and get the OBahn bus into the city which is fast and efficient. I do the commute everyday and it's not really busy until you catch up with the traffic from the suburbs nearer to the city. 'More bang for your buck' is what an Aussie said to me the other day and it's quite right. There is good local shopping and it's very peaceful. Last weekend we had a kangaroo in our courtyard.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about Fairview Park. It's a lovely suburb with lots of big Gums and open spaces. My friend lives there and often has koalas outside her house. Fairview Green shopping centre is very close and has a great foodland in, also StAgnes shopping centre is only a 5 minute drive away.