Guest ASOZ

New to Adelaide. . .

Guest ASOZ

Hello Adelaide,

I wanted to post to say 'Hi' as I'm new(ish) to this site and hope to use it for info. / social contacts etc. over the days, weeks and months ahead. I did post a few weeks ago under the username 'Help' in this forum but now we have decided to make the move I thought it best to start again with a better user name.

I'm currently in the London office looking out of the window (at the blue sky - honest!) and thinking about the massive move ahead - well, it's a Friday afternoon after all! We are due to arrive in Adelaide on 20th Nov. and have a rather daunting amount to do between now and then.

We have managed to get accommodation fixed until early January, by which time I hope we have found a more permanent place to call home (long term rental). Location wise, looking at Glenelg, Brighton and Norwood but that may change once we get to know different areas and understand property prices and school options a little better.

I shall be making the move with my wife (she is originally from Sydney) and our 2 daughters (age 1 and 4). We are all new to Adelaide and would love to meet people once in Adelaide as I think having a good social life is key for this move working. . .

ASOZ

Welcome mate. You seem to be sorted out for the first few weeks. Things are a bit slow for jobs and houses at the end of the year so give it some time.