Guest Katie1990

457 visa to 186 visa

Guest Katie1990

Hi all,

okay so I have currently been residing In adelaide for 2 and a half year (1 and a half on a 457). I am wishing to apply for PR this January as I will have been on my 457 for 2 years in the same job role however they were with two different employers. Can anyone offer any info on my next move as I'm not even sure I am eligible for the 186. TIA

It has always been that the two years had to be with the same employer if you wanted to go the transitional route (you can apply direct entry at any time if you can pass the skills assessment). There was talk not long ago about changing it to two years on a 457 with the last year with the same employer. I'm not sure if that has been passed or not yet. In theory it should tell you on the immigration website.

It has always been that the two years had to be with the same employer if you wanted to go the transitional route (you can apply direct entry at any time if you can pass the skills assessment). There was talk not long ago about changing it to two years on a 457 with the last year with the same employer. I'm not sure if that has been passed or not yet. In theory it should tell you on the immigration website.

The rules were changed as you indicated and they are curretly under review again. I would advise prospective applicants to get started, sooner rather than later.