New to Australia need some help

Guest techniciansteve2014

Guest techniciansteve2014

Hi folks hope your all well,

New to this poms in Adelaide by way of being a member but have been using it to reference to for our move, fantastic threads really helpful many thanks to everyone who's addressed issues through here.

Now to the business part of my post, me, my partner and children are moving to Adelaide on the 10th November 2014, we have just sent our belongings for shipping (move-cube) Wednesday just gone.

Here is my issue, the shipping company need an address to put on the paperwork but were not there yet, can I possibly use someones address and home phone number to put on the paperwork? Or have I missed something and there is another way around this issue.

Any info or help would be much appreciated.

Steve

We used our short term accommodation address and a mobile number, they were happy with that. They would ring us regularly too, with an update on where our container was. The UK company told us it would take six weeks, it took three months to arrive, which suited us, because it gave us a little longer to find a long term rental.