Guest berries

Ielts remark?

Guest berries

Hi folks,

Well I have just received my results L9 R9 W7.5 S9. GUTTED is not the word!!! I cant believe I am 0.5 off an 8 which I need.

My question is, has anyone paid for the remarking service? Any success? Thanks

Hi folks,

Well I have just received my results L9 R9 W7.5 S9. GUTTED is not the word!!! I cant believe I am 0.5 off an 8 which I need.

My question is, has anyone paid for the remarking service? Any success? Thanks

Sometimes a re-mark of the writing subtest improves the band score.

Guest Sinalek

Hi,

I did it last year in my country, but they just confirmed the same band score. However, I know many cases where remark worked and I would do it if I were you. Good news - you should get your money back if your band score is improved. Band score can only be increased, so no worries there...

It can take quite a few weeks to get the result though...

Good luck

Guest berries
    Hi,

I did it last year in my country, but they just confirmed the same band score. However, I know many cases where remark worked and I would do it if I were you. Good news - you should get your money back if your band score is improved. Band score can only be increased, so no worries there...

It can take quite a few weeks to get the result though...

Good luck

Hi,

thanks for your replies. I have sent off for it to be re-marked ..... Time will tell !!!

Guest berries

soooooo things go from bad to worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a negative outcome from VETASSESS I am losing all hope now. I don't get it????

If my job was on a short skilled list, they are obviously wanting to recruit from overseas etc... so why would my qualification come back not good enough?

And the many years I have been employed in my job covering all aspects of pharmacy, that's not good enough either...... ooooo My job is a pharmacy technician!

Has anyone been through this ???????

I have requested a negative explanation letter to see if that says more

soooooo things go from bad to worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a negative outcome from VETASSESS I am losing all hope now. I don't get it????

If my job was on a short skilled list, they are obviously wanting to recruit from overseas etc... so why would my qualification come back not good enough?

And the many years I have been employed in my job covering all aspects of pharmacy, that's not good enough either...... ooooo My job is a pharmacy technician!

Has anyone been through this ???????

I have requested a negative explanation letter to see if that says more

A couple of years ago an applicant who held a recognised academic qualification in any discipline could obtain a positive skills assessment in most skilled occupations assessed by VETASSESS, for example a recognised history degree was enough for a positive skills assessment as an economist and not so long ago work experience in any listed occupation could satisfy the relevant work experience criteria.

Under the new, improved VETASSESS criteria, for a positive pre migration skills assessment in your skilled occupation you would need:

Qualification/s assessed at AQF Diploma level with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification

highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.

A qualification at AQF Diploma level which is not in the highly relevant field together with

an underpinning Certificate IV with a highly relevant major may be considered on a

case-by-case basis to meet the educational requirements. In addition to this, applicants

must hold at least three years of highly relevant employment in the last five years

The fact that an applicant can competently perform the tasks of a given skilled occupation takes a back seat to satisfying a set of criteria, sometimes seen as arbitrary.

It might pay you to run your case past a registered migration agent for an assessment of possible visa strategies.

Guest berries

Thank you for your reply.

I have just read in an article that OZ change the standard of UK BTEC CERTIFICATE. It used to be comparable to AQF diploma

but they have recently down graded the qualification so any BTEC CERT would not be classed as the same standard.

Has anyone come across this? How would you get around this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I sat the IELTS ''academic'' and passed with 4 x band 7's (which is what I needed) I then had to sit the 'general' test and had to get 4 x band 8's!. That's when my living nightmare started....I sat the test 3 or 4 times (the waiting between tests and not to mention the cost was draining) every test I sat I always got a couple of 9's and a 8 but ALWAYS got a 7.5 in one section (different section each time) then I read some stories of people in a similar boat to me and took there advice. I went to a completely different test centre where I had never been before, and when I filled the form in I ticked ''for personal reference'' (not immigration) and when asked ''which country'' I wrote ''none''. " 2 weeks later I logged on to my results, I had L9, R8.5, W8, S9. Pleased was not the word, (I didn't do anything different in the test as far as I was concerned to all the other tests I sat) ? I did once pay for a re-mark (but it remained the same). Hope it goes ok for you, (I feel your pain). x