Guest roo

New, living in the hills,

Guest roo

Hi - as the title says really! Me and my family (husband and 2 boys aged 5&6) have recently moved to the Adelaide Hills and I will be (once transport is sorted out!) trying to establish myself as a mobile hairdresser. It is a bit daunting as i don't already have a client base so I am not sure how quickly I can get established but I will have to just try and see!

Loving the spring weather (even if it is about 5 degrees cooler here in the hills!!).

My kids have settled really well and have already been on a few play dates and birthday parties - the people here are so friendly and welcoming I love it!! Just need to get myself working so we can actually afford to stay here!! :wacko:

Edited by snifter
    Self promotion as per forum rules

Hi! We are arriving next month and as I have a short crop my hair will deffo need cutting on a regular basis, so i'll give you a shout when you're up and running :-)

Ooops....on second thoughts I think you will be an hours drive from me! A bit far I think. Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll do very well.

Edited by kelbert

Do you my mind if I jump in on your thread? I'm a mobile beauty therapist. My husband has just received a job offer for Adelaide today. Do you think its feasible for me to work there. Is their a saturation level of mobile beauty therapists? Is it a service that's in demand? Sorry to butt in! Cat :)

Guest wen66

Hey roo, I have a do in need of regular reshaping. Moving over next month. Not sure where we will settle but keep in touch all the same.x

Do you my mind if I jump in on your thread? I'm a mobile beauty therapist. My husband has just received a job offer for Adelaide today. Do you think its feasible for me to work there. Is their a saturation level of mobile beauty therapists? Is it a service that's in demand? Sorry to butt in! Cat :)

I have no idea about mobile but there are loads of places around offering all sorts.

Be aware Adelaide and it's suburbs sprawl a long way. Consider how far you would be willing to travel to build up a client base in relation to where you may live.

Guest roo

Hi cat. I have no idea as I am only just about to start out. I will let you know how it goes. At least if your husband has a job to go to you will have money coming in whilst you set up x