paulrickett

where to live in adelaide

Can you suggest any particular area we should be looking at to live in adelaide which would cater for young teens - schools, activities etc. What is it like in adeladie for the teenage age group - clubs etc. Thanks.

hi

young teens here are usually involved in sport, scouts/guides, there are many different sporting clubs, basketball has become very popular. There are 2 ice rinks so ice skating and ice hockey are available. Surf life saving clubs along the beach. Hanging out with friends at movies, the beach, the pools, the shopping malls, the skate parks. There are gymnastic clubs, dance school, drama clubs. Clubs for lacrosse, hockey, football, aussie rules footy. Private teachers for music, but some schools do it to. It really depends on what your kids like to do. There are also Blue Light Discos for under 18s alcahol free and supervisedand runby the police.

Rachel

thanks for that Rachel, sounds excellent for my children especially my daughter who dances Ballet/Tap, coukld I ask you about the Music Teachers you mentioned, to trade I am an Electrician but I play Electric Guitar & have just passed top grade guitar exam, eventually I want to teach guitar full time, do you think I could achieve that out in Adelaide/is there a call for it, thanks again for your help, Paul.

Yes all sorts of people teach music, my daughter learns sax from an enthusiastic retiree who plays Jazz professionally at weekends. It's possible to find music teachers some will come to your home , or you might have to goto theirs. I don't know about doing it full time ,but you could certainly pick up students.The education dept does hire music teachers to teach in schools, and so do the private schools. My daughter also dances- ballet, tap , contemporary, modern and jazz plus ballet company.