House getting packed on Monday...eek!

Guest wen66

Oh my, am in such a tizz, heads in a spin. My house looks a mess. Will the shipping company just calmly come in and pack up my life?

The boys have set aside all they want to put in their cases....we're gonna need bigger cases....:err:

Oh, roll on Tuesday night, when I can see the wood from the trees:eek:x Then sell the rest of my furniture, and re paint the entire house.....and fly home to see the folks before we leave. Did I mention we leave on the 4th Nov.....

So much to do, such little time to do it. That's why I am on here. Hiding from my responsibilities.....:jiggy:

x

Exciting times :) stressful but you'll make it through. The shipping going is a major headache out the way.

Give the shippers a call to ask if there is anything in particular you need to do. I'd always suggest putting all the stuff you don't want packed and shipped in one room and tell them to leave that room alone. The rest round the house then is packed.

Thanks guys. I have visions of us inside the container jumping up and down....."it will fit, it will fit" :D

Having a mild panic attack this morning. The coffee machine will be packed away tomorrow....

Guest Guest75
Thanks guys. I have visions of us inside the container jumping up and down....."it will fit, it will fit" :D

Having a mild panic attack this morning. The coffee machine will be packed away tomorrow....

Just ensure that what is packed - is what is supposed to be packed!!

I've heard of the packing tape packed, carton of milk (phewie that would smell) ,old rubbish that was supposed to go to the tip and loads more. Just keep calm and in control!

They are half way done. Worried we're going to be over capacity.....They are very generous with their packing of the boxes. Very professional, though. Will let you know tomorrow evening.

Start downsizing now for your move. I should have gutted mine long ago!

...........trying to stay calm and collected but we're so knackered...:eek::jiggy:x

Well, that's it. Packed to the gills and away.....eek!

20' container with boxes galore. We couldn't fit everything in. If you're bringing lots of furniture get a bigger container;-)

We're dazed and relieved....and drinking;-)

Well, that's it. Packed to the gills and away.....eek!

20' container with boxes galore. We couldn't fit everything in. If you're bringing lots of furniture get a bigger container;-)

We're dazed and relieved....and drinking;-)

Oh wow!! And just like that you're packed!! Scary!! But oh so exciting!!

We plan on taking most of our stuff, although the king size bed from the spare room will stay. Youngest son has a toddler bed, which I am hoping he doesn't grow out if before we come, & our older son has a built in bed which can't be moved, so hoping we'll get the rest in!!

Just out of interest, what size of house are you moving from? And did you have a lot of general small stuff that you have packed? And how about kitchen stuff? Hoping I can gauge whether we'll fit into a 20ft!! I hope so! I'm not sure what I'd leave behind!!! Eek!!

Enjoy the drink!! Amy x

Guest tiswas88

We plan on taking most of our stuff, although the king size bed from the spare room will stay. Youngest son has a toddler bed, which I am hoping he doesn't grow out if before we come, & our older son has a built in bed which can't be moved, so hoping we'll get the rest in!!

Just out of interest, what size of house are you moving from? And did you have a lot of general small stuff that you have packed? And how about kitchen stuff? Hoping I can gauge whether we'll fit into a 20ft!! I hope so! I'm not sure what I'd leave behind!!! Eek!!

Enjoy the drink!! Amy x[/quote

Hi,

Good luck with the move. We are arriving in adelaide on 4th November!! Can't wait!!!:jiggy:

Guest Guest75

Just a few "notes".:idea:

Although the shippers give you a date of departure and arrival at your door ...............it's a very flexible set of dates and actually rare that they work out exactly.

At this end you may have to nag the shipper a little for an exact date of arrival.

It feels like Christmas when your container does arrive on the day and you unpack.

Put the empty shipping cartons on here ,someone will always be moving - don't throw them away!!

Hi guys, currently sitting in my kitchen, drinking wine from a mug, laptop on my knee. The house will be more empty tomorrow. More furniture to be collected, sold at silly prices. Engaged another estate agent to rent out our the house, the other one have been sitting on their hands..... A car mad friendly painter is painting some of the rooms, I will be spending next week painting the ones I couldn't afford him to do..oh joy.

Whirlwind trips to fly back home booked. Will probably be spending the end of the week handing tissues to my mum. To be honest, it hasn't quite hit me yet. I haven't had time to dwell too much. Sorting the house/life here/ had a horrible cold for weeks. Honestly, I could sleep for a week and some.

We got a tracker number for the container...it's currently sitting in the docks waiting to go. We're not holding our breath for a tight delivery date. Just hoping it doesn't fall off the ship and end up at the bottom of the ocean:goofy:

Trying to keep some sort of order for the boys. They've been great, although the little one had a meltdown outside school today. We need to do something fun with them. Going out tomorrow afternoon for lunch and hopefully if it stops raining, daylight with sunshine....:smile:

xx

Enjoy the drink!! Amy x

Hi Amy, we have a 3 bed house but I am a magpie, I have loads of stuff....A good shipping company should give you a good idea of space. We used Crown and they were very close. Packing the container is like a giant game of Tetris.

Massive Mercedes articulated lorry parked outside our house for several hours was the highlight of my truck mad son's day! He was sitting in the cab, had a smile from ear to ear.

Hi wen the sale of our house fell through so we're thinking of renting the house. Hopefully we'll get there for the new year. Hope everything goes well for you.

All the best Niall

Hope it all works out. You could always rent for a while then sell there after. Good luck with it and hope to hear you'll be on your way soon.x

• 3 weeks later...

One day to go....sitting in the hotel, drinking a beer. Bags are many, and probably overweight. Stuffed to the gills.

Locking the house up for the last time feel weird but final. Some of our neighbours came out to wave us off. Still hasn't hit me totally yet. It won't be real til am on that big plane...;-) x