cormcvcr

First Netball Game!!!

Well the ladies of the THRILLER netball team, played their first game this evening, after only 2 weeks of practice.

No injuries were had, we did however get beaten (35-3) by a team who have been together for 14years, with this in mind we did manage to get an amazing 3 goals past them!!!!

We made them work for their goals.

Considering the majority of the team have not played netball since school which for some amounts to over 20years ago, I think we played brilliant!

So a great big well done to all the lovely THRILLER ladies, you all done well.

They are Jackie, Nicolle, Kylie, Judi, Lydia, Margaret, Mel, Yvonne, Vicky and also to our cheerleading squad!!! :notworthy: We have a number of players who unfortunately couldn't committ to the team but provide an excellent group for practice and fun.

We'll just have to have an extra glass of wine tomorrow to get rid of the muscle soreness in time for next weeks game, even if we have no soreness, I think we all deserve it!!

Have a great weekend and we'll try again next week. x

Guest donna T

Hear hear - a fantastic effort and a lot of sore bodies this morning I shouldn't wonder:jiggy:

Well done to all - you truly are superstars.

All we need now is our cheerleading squad to get a Michael Jackson damce routine tgether and we're flying:biglaugh:

Donna xx

I too wanted to say WELL DONE to all those who took part in the Netball Match last night, including our cheerleaders. A fantastic effort.

Nexts weeks team had better watch out, we will knock them dead!!!!!!.

Susan.

Guest Roo1

[ATTACH]53[/ATTACH]

(Click on photo to enlarge)

This is us before the match! Our faces were alot redder afterwards!

Sorry Girls couldn't resist showing off our FANTASTIC Team. Thanks to all that played and cheered us on. Looking forward to our next match.

Judi x

Guest mOZzy

well done girls!!!!

can't believe how quickly you got that team together .. with outfits and cheerleaders and everything :notworthy:

Well I take my hat off to all the girls in the team. I managed to play the practice quarter and thought I was about to have a heart attack! When will I learn I'm not a teenager anymore???? Congratulations Thriller, I'm looking forward to next week and I will definitely be staying to cheer you on.:notworthy:

I saw Judi this morning and she told me that "Rebel" Sports shop in Marion are selling Red Netball shirts for $15. I also saw Margaret in there buying one. Just incase anyone is struggling to find one.

See you Thursday,

Susan.