Guest Vicks&Stu

Jobs?

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I have been on - but I have been reading all the posts and replies.

Congrats to everyone who has had their visa agreed recently.

Me and my OH are going out on 2 August - which is very scary as it's not that long to go now. So now things are getting real and I'm starting to think about what we are going to do when we arrive!!

I just wondered does anyone have any experience of using recruitment agencies in Adelaide? I work in marketing and my husband works in IT - if anyone can recommend any agencies i'd really appreciate it as there are so many and I'm a bit lost for where to start!!

Thanks in advance.

Vicks.

Visa granted Jan

Flights 2 Aug

Guest Lulujim

hiya -

My OH has been in contact with recruitment agencies, and from the sound of your job types - you might find Hender Consulting a good place to start. We have found them really helpful, even without our visa yet - and they were really happy to offer advice on working hours and salary expectations too.

Hope that helps - Good luck!

http://www.hender.com.au/asp/positions.asp

Hi,

You'll find that Hudsons and Hays are probably the 2 biggest IT recruiters, although it does depend on your particular skill.

Cheers

Chris

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I have been on - but I have been reading all the posts and replies.

Congrats to everyone who has had their visa agreed recently.

Me and my OH are going out on 2 August - which is very scary as it's not that long to go now. So now things are getting real and I'm starting to think about what we are going to do when we arrive!!

I just wondered does anyone have any experience of using recruitment agencies in Adelaide? I work in marketing and my husband works in IT - if anyone can recommend any agencies i'd really appreciate it as there are so many and I'm a bit lost for where to start!!

Thanks in advance.

Vicks.

Visa granted Jan

Flights 2 Aug

I emigrated to Adelaide in March 2007 on a skilled independent visa with my partner. I am a Senior Systems Administrator.

I secured a 10 month fulltime contract position through http://www.clements.com.au/ at a University in my first week in Adelaide. However I found the University environment too restrictive as I am used to a more hands on approach and found there was no scope to utilise my skills and experience.

Luckily within 3 weeks I secured another job which I found myself and was advertised in The Advertiser (Sat is job day) it is permanent fulltime on the same salary as I was on in the UK. I am still in this job and enjoy it.

As part of our emigration application my qualifications and skills had to be assessed by the Australian Computer Society. Through our emigration agents we paid additional money for an IT expert based in Australia to assist with the skills assessment, my references and he advised me how to set my CV out and the terminology to use for the Australian IT market which I think contributed to gaining employment quickly.

The Universities often have IT jobs advertised on their websites so check them out to get a feel for whats out there.

www.flinders.edu.au

www.adelaide.edu.au

www.unisa.edu.au (they have 4 IT jobs on at the moment and have a special scheme in place to attract applicants)

Hope this info is useful.

Guest Libby1971

Talent2 is a company here that always seems to run full page colour adverts on a Saturday so presumably they have a wide enough market to maybe offer some advice.

Libby

Guest salisbury massive

Do be careful with Hays, they always seem to have plenty of jobs but I've encountered not very good follow up with them. Despite having my resume and talking to them on the phone, I'm still not being put forward for jobs I've seen them advertise.

Jo

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies - the have been really useful and give us a good starting point.

Now there is no excuse for not getting those CVs sent out!!

Fingers crossed.

Vicks&Stu