Graham Wilson

Advice on wine tours from Adelaide city centre

Hi,

A group of seven people are visiting Adelaide from Brisbane at the end of the month staying in the city and want to do a wine tour.

Can anyone recommend decent tours that can pick up and drop off that aren't super expensive? or does anyone know taxis firms that have buses and routes for this sort of thing?

Cheers !

Hello

When my In-laws came out in March, we used a company called "Taste The Barossa". We booked with them as they had really good reviews on Trip advisor, & they didn't disappoint, we had a really good day out.

From Jo

We see a lot of Little Chooks Winery Tour mini-buses down here in McLaren Vale (I think they only come south) but can't comment on their service.

Adelaide top food and wine tours we found very good, we did the Mclaren vale tour, they can do small groups and you can sometimes do private tours to make it more personal and price was very good

Edited by huggesy
    Spelling

Hi, Des' Minibuses also does this - they provide the vehicle and driver and you plan your own itinerary and book wineries and lunch in yourself, then just give the driver a list of where to go. It's more work but I planned one for a work function this week and it was about 40% cheaper that way - plus we got to choose the wineries and lunch destination we wanted to go to. If you have time, it's an option.

Hi,

A group of seven people are visiting Adelaide from Brisbane at the end of the month staying in the city and want to do a wine tour.

Can anyone recommend decent tours that can pick up and drop off that aren't super expensive? or does anyone know taxis firms that have buses and routes for this sort of thing?

Cheers !

Try Bob at All Aboard Bus Tours, he is a pommie and is great

http://allaboardminibustours.com.au/contact-us

Guest Claire-n-tel

Just want to make a HUGE recommendation....

We hired "Bob and his Bus" on Friday (http://allaboardminibustours.com.au) to take us on a trip to do some wine tasting in McLaren Vale.

Bob is a pom, been here 11 years I think and for last year or so has been running All Aboard Minibus Tours.

We had a fantastic day, Bob was amazing throughout and couldn't have done more for us.

We had already arranged the wineries we were going to visit but I believe that Bob is happy to recommend an itinerary for you.

The day was supposed to finish with last drop off at 5pm (started at 9am) but it was in fact much near to 6 and Bob would not hear of accepting more money.

He had an esky full of ice and bottles of water for us to use and a huge range of music as well as being happy for us to play to our own. And also became our official photographer!

The cost per person was about a third of with organised tours and so fantastic value with the added benefit of all the people on the bus being friends.

He not only does winery tours but does taxi like pick ups for nights out (have to pre book obviously) airports pick ups, weddings, etc etc etc......

I'm not sure if Bob posts on here (just waiting to hear back from him) but give him a call or drop an email

Great Bloke :smile:

Guest Guest75

Seconding Claire's thoughts - had a great day out.

Bob is very attentive - he even popped back with my phone.......... nothing to do with the wine tasting at all!!!