Sign in to follow this  
Guest hogman

Chemical/Process Engineer looking for Commissioning Work

    Recommended Posts

    Guest hogman

    Hi there,


    My name is Neil and i am a Chemical/Process Engineer.


    Myself and my partner recently migrated to Australia and we are living in a rental in Marino.


    Back in England, i worked as a Commissioning Engineer mainly in the Water Industry.


    I am not an Electrician, but because i work in Control Panels and with Field Instruments, a previous employer put me through the 17th Edition Electrical Installations Course, so that i was covered to be able to terminate signal wiring, spin test motors, etc.


    I have a degree in Chemical/Process Engineering which has been recognised by the Engineering Profession here in Adelaide, being given a first class recognition.


    I have a type 175 Skilled Migration visa, allowing me to work and live anywhere in Australia, without company or state sponsorship.


    In order for me to be able to work on-site and continue doing Commissioning activities, what cards, licences, etc, will i need?


    I have read the other posts about this sort of thing, but none appear to address my situation.


    Please could someone explain the current requirements.


    If i have to undertake any courses, should i do them independently, or wait until i get employment and do them through an understanding employer?


    Help please!

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this