Guest Chris&Trudy

475 Family Sponsored Visa - Still Waiting...

Guest Chris&Trudy

Hi guys,

We submitted our second to last application in Nov 2008 but were told in Jan 2009 that our visa had been put on hold because of global financial crisis. We were then advised that it had been bumped to cat 5 but looking at the immi site they appear to have processed the State sponsored visa but not the Family sponsored ones (well they've stuck a date in the field now). Were now 6 years on and still no sign of it being processed. Everytime I call the dept they havent got a clue when its likely to be picked up again. They're about as useful as a chocolate teapot. All we need to do is medicals and police checks and were good to go, but chance will be a fine thing that of this happening anytime soon. They're happy to take our money but wont issue a Visa...not impressed !

:realmad:

Anybody else in the same boat as me...please tell me Im not the only one!

Share your stories

Thanks

Chris

Can't help with practicalities but can certainly sympathise with you - waiting for six years is an amazingly long time to wait; is there perhaps another type of visa you could look into?

Guest Chris&Trudy

We did think about starting over but have invested so much money in the process already, I just cant afford to to start all over again. Will try to see if I can get a company to sponsor me. Already started to set the ball in motion for this. Will see what happens I guess