One week to go....

Guest wen66

One week to go and am totally shattered:eek:...

This week was mostly spend on the emotional side. A quick dash home to see the folks, long time friends to say goodbye, for now. Oh boy, that was a tough one. We're still recovering. So throwing ourselves in to sorting our house out for rental. Currently painting a blue room white....I can still see the blue! OH is enduring many a trip to the recycling depo. Neighbours and friends are appreciating the little surprise boxes left on their doorsteps:smile:. The boys are now off school and are bored stupid. So need to do some fun stuff with them this week!

Time left has become very precious. No one said this would be easy and they were totally right.

Planning a night out mid week with the friends we have made living in England. So, mega hangover to look forward to.

Calm and in control....well almost:confused:x

Guest Guest75

You will be fine, we've all gone through it.

I reckon you will feel so much better when you board the plane.

Then the stress starts again here - finding long term rental/jobs/schools.

But again, it's a finite thing and it all falls into place :biggrin::biggrin:

Don't worry...it will all be ok in the end! I can relate to what you are going through, I hardly ate or slept during the last couple of weeks in the UK, but once you get on that plane it all changes. I ate all the food I was given and slept all the way....then when you land the fun starts again. Children can be amazing, our daughter got us through the worst times, we were so disorganised that when we arrived in Adelaide we were both clueless and homeless, but Poms in Adelaide has so many wonderful people that give great advice and it really works!! Also, kids see things very differently to adults and this place is an amazing country full of fun and adventure for them to discover.

Good Luck x

Thanks guys, yes, looking forward to boarding that plane! Really appreciate all the input. It helps alot, to know we aren't the only ones and are not going slightly mad.

Providing I can fit everything in our cases....some serious culling of clothing going on. I can only wear one pair of shoes at a time...:smile:

Week is planned out already...clearing more stuff to friend's houses +eating cake tomorrow, night out on wednesday, haircuts on thursday, London on Friday......we're getting there...just need to sell the car:eek:x

Guest Guest75

No mention of imbibing in large amounts of alcohol???

Also - if with an NHS dentist - get those teeth checked and sorted before leaving - dentistry is expensive here!

Week is planned out already...clearing more stuff to friend's houses +eating cake tomorrow, night out on wednesday, haircuts on thursday, London on Friday......we're getting there...just need to sell the car:eek:x

That was our last job too - thought we had it sorted but the garage that had said they'd take it refused when we arrived to leave it and then we couldn't get anyone to have it (it was a Fiat Useless) so we ended up putting it on Ebay and leaving it to my brother-in-law to deal with! It was a bit of stress at the time but it didn't stop us getting on the plane... just to cheer you up :smile:

Enjoy all your "lasts" though; they'll be the memories you pull up regularly in the next few months just to reassure yourself there are people who know you and like you while you try to recreate that here.

No mention of imbibing in large amounts of alcohol???

Also - if with an NHS dentist - get those teeth checked and sorted before leaving - dentistry is expensive here!

Dentists....oh my, they frighten me to death.....even more so with big bills:wideeyed:. What are they like with kids teeth? My eldest may need braces in the future......

Hi wen we can only imagine what it's like to be that close to going. Hope everything goes well for you and your family. :jiggy: Hopefully we'll see you in the new year. Keep us updated on how it's all going and we'll speak to you soon.

Thanks Niall, hope you get sorted soon. See you in the New Year:smile:.

Finally, on the last leg........had a lovely get to together with our friends, said our farewells. Truly taken aback at how tearful some were. Big hugs and promises to keep them all up to date on social media and such like.

I've started to pack the cases...culling loads, again....no doubt once I try to fit all the extras in....weigh the bags...take more out, put more in. Still loads to do but I think my head is clearer than it was this time last week.:smile:x

Dentists....oh my, they frighten me to death.....even more so with big bills:wideeyed:. What are they like with kids teeth? My eldest may need braces in the future......

I would start saving for the braces now! Would advise private health cover for teeth & to find a dentist who's a preferred provider as the cost overall are cheaper. Also Bupa offer gap free dentistry for children if the parents are insured. Saves heaps if youve got a few kids!