kev'liz

Meet new people around Aberfoyle park/southern suburbs

Hi everyone!

We have been here a month now and things are starting to settle down now. Has been a stressful time, but we are in our permanent rental and the kids are at school. Anyone free for a meet up, beer, picnic and a chat?

Starting to feel a little isolated :(

Kev and Liz

Guest Sarah Bradley

Welcome we are in Oaklands Park so not too far away from you. Always up for a meal out or a walk down the beach. Sarah & Andrew

Us too!! Been here about 6 weeks now - kids are starting to settle at school and we are starting to get a bit of a routine. Would love to meet up for a cuppa. We're in brighton (very near to you sarah Bradley!) fancy meeting up on Sunday? :)

Does the old meet up at Port Noarlunga still happen on the 1st Sunday of the month? - weather's good this weekend and it would be a chance to meet a few local POM. We've been a few times in the past but, as we've been here 3 years and are well settled, we haven't been for a while.

If you miss your mum or gran PM me - I'm an active, very busy 67 YO grandmother but happy to give you some support/time over a coffee if necessary.

Our days are packed but probably not with many things you are interested in - family and grandchildren, bowls, quilting, volunteering, PROBUS, church, sight-seeing, AFL, cricket, winetasting, watching the grandkids play soccer, tennis and netball .......

Get involved in things - new friends, especially Aussie ones, appreciate YOU making the effort to fit in so things like PTAs, kids clubs, sports clubs are a good way to start.

Does the old meet up at Port Noarlunga still happen on the 1st Sunday of the month? - weather's good this weekend and it would be a chance to meet a few local POM. We've been a few times in the past but, as we've been here 3 years and are well settled, we haven't been for a while.

That meet up hasn't been mentioned on the forum in ages so I've no clue if it still goes on. I know one of the people who used to organise it moved and didn't get down there and over the winter last year it seemed to stop as no winter venue seemed to work.

That meet up hasn't been mentioned on the forum in ages so I've no clue if it still goes on. I know one of the people who used to organise it moved and didn't get down there and over the winter last year it seemed to stop as no winter venue seemed to work.

Perhaps some of the 'southern youngsters' would like to start it up again :wink: Lots of newbies found it very helpful and some lasting friendships were made too.

Thank you for your responses!

We are free Sunday, so if you want to meet up, that would be really good. Not sure what the weather will be like but if your free PM me and we can arrange something

Minimel2710, when did you arrive? We landed on the 27th sept, so just over 4 weeks now....it's gone soo fast!

Speak soon

Liz and Kev

Guest PoyntonMagees

Hi

we have been here 2 years now and have just bought a house in aberfoyle park. We have Max 11, Aidan 10 and Niall who is 20 . Our kids go to theile primary and we live just round the corner from the school. Now the weather is getting good we could go to the outdoor pool, or beach for a meet up. Or pop round for a drink. PM me and we will arrange something. You have arrived just in time for the great weather:), Julie and Declan.

Guest Sarah Bradley

We are busy planning our Christmas Day if anyone would like to pop by the Angus Neil Reserve anytime between 1-5pm (on the beach road between brighton and Seacliff) on Christmas Day. We will be have a bbq and ice blocking (sledging down a grass slope sitting on a block of ice). Bring a chair (if you want to sit and have a drink) and an old towel (if you want to try ice blocking!). We usually take kites too but depends on the wind whether we can get them up. The beach is really close if you fancy a dip or a walk as well. Merry Christmas :)