Advice please......

samandcraig

Hi I'm a carpenter/joiner,

i have all the relevant certificates to prove this and have over 20 years experience, will I need to sit a test in adelaide to prove this or is my skills assessment enough? I understand I will need to obtain a white card on arrival, but would appreciate any advice on this subject.

cheers

craig

Guest tiswas88

Hi Craig,

Dont know if i can help you but im an electrician who is due to land next week and ive heard so many different routes of how to obtain my Electrical A class license. I too did my vettasses in uk but found it a bit confusing when i was told i would then have to do the equivalent of regs and possibly do gap training ranging from 3-12 months to obtain the license!!

I have been in touch with peer and various other organisations and the bottom line is that i'm going to the trade recognition centre in adelaide when i get there. I'll let you know the score as will probably be similar.

When you arriving?

Rob

Hi Craig,

Dont know if i can help you but im an electrician who is due to land next week and ive heard so many different routes of how to obtain my Electrical A class license. I too did my vettasses in uk but found it a bit confusing when i was told i would then have to do the equivalent of regs and possibly do gap training ranging from 3-12 months to obtain the license!!

I have been in touch with peer and various other organisations and the bottom line is that i'm going to the trade recognition centre in adelaide when i get there. I'll let you know the score as will probably be similar.

When you arriving?

Rob

yeah I understand what you mean Rob, it becomes so confusing when your hearing so many different things! that would be great if you could let me know how you get on, any advice would be appreciated. Good luck with your move, we head out in March and to be honest I thought my qualifications would just be accepted with having to do the skills test!

Thanks for the reply

Craig

Will just need to do your white card I think - we came on a 190 visa and that's all my husband had to do. Not sure if different visas are different.

Hi RachaelOs,

Is your husband a joiner? I was thinking that these other tradesmen have to get a licence because they ar electricians or gas fitters, therefore that would make sense as it would probably be similar to being corgi registered over here, so hopefully it's something I won't need to do with being a joiner, thanks for your reply.....