Guest mOZzy

what day of the week to arrive in adl?!

Guest mOZzy

morning!!

obviously 100s of new questions and 1 more ...

i was just wondering in everyones experience is there a day of the week it's not as good to arrive in adelaide?!

i understand that on sunday the shops are closed so i couldn't do a basic food shop or something like that?!? i just don't want to stand there and not be able to buy nappies for little one for example :wacko:

Any day - whatever suits you. It may be a bit backwards, but you will be able to do a basic shop on a sunday!! (shops tend to open 11-5)

Guest Libby1971

Yes, shops are open. They don't stay open late on a Sat, most closing around 5pm. We arrived on a Friday which was good. It meant we could do what was necessary on the Friday and Sat incl shopping and then by the time we were feeling a bit better it was over the weekend.

You must be mistaking us with Perth, where everything closes midday Saturday until monday. I'd say arrive mid week, that gives you time to get into all the offices and government departments you need, nip round the shops for the boring necessary things and then relax at the weekend when every one else is. You could do more than just a basic food shop on a sunday anyway as all the main supermarkets are open then. There are also some small supermarkets that open 6am to 9 - 11pmish every day of the week, so anything you forgot you would definitely be able to pick up at these.

Guest mOZzy

i would never dream to compare adelaide to perth :notworthy:;)

but hey, not as 70is as i made to believe!!!

Guest marty
    morning!!

obviously 100s of new questions and 1 more ...

i was just wondering in everyones experience is there a day of the week it's not as good to arrive in adelaide?!

i understand that on sunday the shops are closed so i couldn't do a basic food shop or something like that?!? i just don't want to stand there and not be able to buy nappies for little one for example :wacko:

the shops are open 7 days, but not 24hrs getting nappies not a problem, what JIB grade are you?