Guest Lulujim

Pottery Cafes??

Guest Lulujim

Hi,

Just wondering if pottery cafes - where you can pick a piece of plain pottery and paint it - are in Australia? They are popping up all over the place here, and are very popular with mums making plates with feet/hand-prints for grandparents!!

I wasn't sure if this was something Australians have already or whether it would appeal to them even?

Just trying to rack my brains for business opportunitues :confused: - not quite sure this is the path to Alan Sugar's dizzy heights of success though - but thought it might be quite fun!

Any opinions, good or bad, would be appreciated - thank you!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There was on called starglazers, not exactly sure where but near the city. It was opened by an english couple, not sure if it still open though.

sarah

Guest donna T

The Plaster Fun House on Brighton Road does something like this - Josh went to a party where you picked a plaster cast and then decorated it with paint and glitter - he had a ball!

There was on called starglazers, not exactly sure where but near the city. It was opened by an english couple, not sure if it still open though.

sarah

It closed down Sarah - they now do it on a party plan basis for kids parties etc

Guest Guest75

Starglazers.....run by ex-pats.

Ooops - old news now.

Guest Libby1971

That explains a lot!

I was trying to phone them yesterday...and could not get through.

What a shame, the kids and I liked doing that in the UK. We did go to the one in Brighton but I found it a bit cramped, noisy and messy. And not a coffee/ cake in site! My kids were not impressed!!!!!!

Libby

Guest Lulujim

Hi - Thanks everyone for all the information. I don't know whether it's a good thing there isn't a good one open, or a bad one that one's shut down??? :goofy:

Will have to do more research!!

Take care