flossybeth

Loxton or Lobethal?

Which is best for Christmas lights? I've been having a look at both websites and both look pretty good but obviously one is further than the other - is Loxton worth the drive?

My MIL always raves about Lobethal. But don't take that as a recommendation :P

We were meant to go last year but I was Christmas lighted out by that point.

Loxton is a hell of a drive for some lights! Were you planning on staying there? It's a lovely place to visit (all around there) but I wouldn't go without spending the night.

Go to Lobethal but be aware, the traffic is horrendous. We went by coach, had a sloooow drive-by of all the back streets then parked in the main street to see the nativity put on by the church. Real sheep, real camels, real baby. Was brilliantly done. Don't know if it's done every year.

Yep.... Nativity is every year! The lights are good but as said the traffic can be a nightmare.... We went on pageant day last year and that was even busier!!

We used to go to Lobethal when it was still light, and go for a meal. That way we got a park, relaxed, looked around at the 'normal' stuff, before joining the ever-so slow moving traffic to look at the lights.

I wouldn't go to Loxton unless I was staying over, which would be a lovely thing to do.

LC