Guest ben.karen

Where are all these Nursing Jobs??

Guest ben.karen

Hi

I am currently having my skills assessed by the ANMC, and then apply for my Visa. However, I have been searching the internet for Nursing jobs, and am struggling to find anything other than agency work. I had assumed that there would be plenty of vacancies, as Nursing is one of their 'in demand' occupations.

I have 11 years experience as a Registered Nurse, and have worked in Stroke and Neurology. I'm not looking for anything fancy, a staff nurse job on a medical ward would do nicely, but I can't seem to find much advertised either in Adelaide, or SA.

Am I looking in the wrong places? Are there no jobs?:unsure:

Any advise would be gratefully recieved, as I have a wife and family, and would need to get work quickly if/when we get to Oz.

Guest Django

Email the hospitals direct with your cv and you will find you will have more luck.

Pete

Guest macu68

Just a repeat of what Django said really. Just find a hospital that you like the look of (you can do this via the internet) or one near where you plan to live and e-mail them. They usually ask for you to e-mail them a cv and will set up a telephone interview with you.

GOOD LUCK

Guest ben.karen

Thank you! That's settled my nerves a little!

Any advise on when during the whole process is best to start sending out CVs etc?

Guest macu68

There is no harm in sending a CV out now and making contact with someone. If you know definately when you are going then ask if you could arrange an informal visit to look around and see if you like the set up. I found healthcare really different in Adelaide. If you want I can PM you the details of who I contact in Womens and Childrens if thats an area you are interested in.

Guest tracey71

if you try hospitals in australia on net you get loads also ramsey, sa goverment

Guest Mikey
    Hi

I am currently having my skills assessed by the ANMC, and then apply for my Visa. However, I have been searching the internet for Nursing jobs, and am struggling to find anything other than agency work. I had assumed that there would be plenty of vacancies, as Nursing is one of their 'in demand' occupations.

I have 11 years experience as a Registered Nurse, and have worked in Stroke and Neurology. I'm not looking for anything fancy, a staff nurse job on a medical ward would do nicely, but I can't seem to find much advertised either in Adelaide, or SA.

Am I looking in the wrong places? Are there no jobs?:unsure:

Any advise would be gratefully recieved, as I have a wife and family, and would need to get work quickly if/when we get to Oz.

A new company called Smooth Transition has been formed and can help you with finding jobs anywhere in the country. Just check out their site or send them an email.