Guest Guest14361

Lucky country still?

Guest Guest14361

Are we still in the lucky country, I reckon we are....had to laugh at the paragraph about not being whinging poms, now it's whingeing Aussies, that's because it's three quarters full of poms

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-29844752?ocid=au_outbrain_edition_news

Edited by Guest14361

Personally speaking,I think anyone who lives in a western society could be classed as lucky (or the country as lucky).I've seen Australia go through many changes over the years (emigrated in 1970)good and bad.I guess for us,when we emigrated (I was young kid)it was the lucky country in some regards.Houses and land were cheap,crime was pretty low,kids could play safely,as we did,down the creek or on the street,couples could get by,and also get mortgages on one wage pretty easily,which meant Mums could stay at home,and life seemed much simpler then.I'm guessing at that time though,the UK and America were the same?

Re whinging poms lol Have a listen at night to 5AA!The whinging aussies have nothing on the poms!lol

Are we still in the lucky country, I reckon we are....had to laugh at the paragraph about not being whinging poms, now it's whingeing Aussies, that's because it's three quarters full of poms

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-29844752?ocid=au_outbrain_edition_news

I also reckon that we are. Anyone lucky enough to live here is fortunate. There are always things to whinge about wherever you live. I think that whingeing is contagious too. I have seen families who were quite content become "contaminated by the whinge bug" !