Guest MattyT

SA Wines

Guest MattyT

I have to confess that I haven't had much time to go visit any vineyards or sample much of the amazing wine SA has on offer.

I am going to Byron Bay to spend Christmas with friends and wanted to bring a few bottles with me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced, local wine?

Thanks!

There are a gazillion extremely pleasant wines in SA! I love Corioles and D'Arenberg, but that is probably because they are both nearby.

Guest MattyT

Thanks for the advice guys! If all else fails I will rely on my usual selection process (the nicest looking label!)

I usually go up a notch in price and ask for advice when visiting the wine shop or winery. We have some great $10 bottles at home, fine for every day drinking iykwim but for guests or as a gift, we go up in price and tend to go for one of the wineries we are familiar with. Hubby likes Coriole (and will splash out a bit more than usual) and I must admit, when I've drunk their wine is been goooooood.

I usually go up a notch in price and ask for advice when visiting the wine shop or winery. We have some great $10 bottles at home, fine for every day drinking iykwim but for guests or as a gift, we go up in price and tend to go for one of the wineries we are familiar with. Hubby likes Coriole (and will splash out a bit more than usual) and I must admit, when I've drunk their wine is been goooooood.

I agree with the $10 bottles. I'm usually a red wine drinker, but we got two of the D'arenberg Stump Jump Sauvignon Blanc for $20 and they are every bit as good as the more expensive Malborough SB's.