Alexsnell10

Nice area to rent a furnished house

Hi everyone!

me & my girlfriend are after your expert advice on nice idyllic areas to look for a place to rent.

We are flying out February 3rd and are still not sure on an area to search. I have a job in Pooraka and she will be looking for jobs in or around the CBD so somewhere with convenient travel times for both would be ideal!

A Nice quiet area with cafes and parks would be great

Any help and advice would be much appreciated cheers all

Is this a short term furnished or longer term? I'd focus on some of the popular north eastern suburbs. We have a few members living out that way that are very happy.

Not sure you will find much in the way of long term furnished though, might be good to look for a smaller place you could perhaps furnish on the cheap to get you going? Not to say furnished rentals don't exisit, but the ones I recall looking at a while back were sort of like serviced apartments and cost obviously. I'm sure with some digging you could possibly turn something up.

We have friends in Norwood and family in Magill, both of which are lovely suburbs in my opinion. Not cheap though. But renting may well be cheaper than buying so might be worth looking out there or a little further north from there. Lots of things like cafes, local life, restaurants and so on in the suburbs round there also. And not too far from CBD and access north although I don't know commute times to where you will be working.

Guest Guest75

Yep, North Eastern suburbs are going to be the best for you. @Diane on here knows the areas around there well.

A third for the North eastern suburbs. Or even the eastern suburbs. Like Snifter says the eastern suburbs aren't cheap to buy in but renting isn't too bad. I'd have a look at the suburbs along the a Torrens Liner park, so places like Athlestone, Dernancourt and Highbury. Or try Tea Tree Gully, Fairview Park or Banksia Park. Or even Newton, Paradise or Klemzig. The advantage of the North East is it's a short drive against the traffic to Pooraka but you also have the O-barn in to the city which is excellent.

Alternatively, if you fancy being near the beach you could have a look at Semaphore, West Lakes or Tennyson. All would be an easy commute to Pooraka and not too bad in to the city.