Guest ggolden

Looking for work

Guest ggolden

Hi my name is Lisa and I'm looking for work I've not worked for about 8 years because I've been raising my 4 children I've been looking for work for a few months with no look before I had my children I worked in retail .

Have you thought about considering working in aged care? you could get a cert 3 in the evenings over a few months or in the day time depending on childcare commitments.

Its a growing industry that is only going to continue with recent government grants and changes, I've had been working in aged care part-time/full time until recently, since I arrive last year and have never been out of work in it, there might have been quiet times when shifts weren't as frequent but it would balance itself out plus if you wanted to go down the route of nursing it opens doors as well, also might have some of the flexibility you might need with raising children, just a thought or maybe try getting into one of the supermarkets easier said than done I know but if you can get your foot in the door.

What do you fancy doing in the long term?

Guest ggolden

Hi I been applying for supermarket job for the past year with no luck I've also looked into training but we just can't afford it so I'm a bit stuck

What sort of training are you looking at? Sometimes you can get subsidised courses, especially in Cert 3, Aged Care.

Otherwise, have you tried all the supermarkets and hardware stores. You probably need to knock on their doors with your resume.

Cliffy is right with the aged care subsidised, it is one that is covered by the skills for all scheme, think they have a website that. Can show you what is on offer.

Guest ggolden

I'm just looking for retail at the moment because we need a second income I may look at doing some training in the future I'm also thinking about setting up a little business to as I make hair ties and headbands as fundraising for my local schools.

Have you thought about considering working in aged care? you could get a cert 3 in the evenings over a few months or in the day time depending on childcare commitments.

Its a growing industry that is only going to continue with recent government grants and changes, I've had been working in aged care part-time/full time until recently, since I arrive last year and have never been out of work in it, there might have been quiet times when shifts weren't as frequent but it would balance itself out plus if you wanted to go down the route of nursing it opens doors as well, also might have some of the flexibility you might need with raising children, just a thought or maybe try getting into one of the supermarkets easier said than done I know but if you can get your foot in the door.

What do you fancy doing in the long term?

hi huggesy, when you say you work in aged care, does this include personal care ie toileting/bathing etc? I'm also thinking of doing some training but I'm not sure what area I'd like to get into... Thanks in advance..