Guest Sarah Bradley

House request!

Guest Sarah Bradley

Not sure where on the site this should go but I'm sure the moderators will help me out :)

I sing in a quartet and we try and go away on a budget every year (asking people nicely if we can use their shack or other house) but this year we have not managed to come up with anything. We are quite happy to pay a contribution towards bills and/or house sit pets and/or drive a way to get there. We need beds (for two married couples) and somewhere where our singing won't annoy any neighbours. We sing acappella, so without instruments or amplification but we are still quite loud sometimes and we will probably sing all weekend. We all have police checks (being in education you have to have these things!). If anyone would like us as house/pet sitters from January 2nd - 4th that would be fantastic.

Yours hopefully

Sarah

Have you considered getting a tent? You can get one pretty cheaply, and shared between four of you it would be even better - specially with the sales on at the moment - then you can go bush camping somewhere in the middle of nowhere and sing to your hearts' content. You could go somewhere like the Coonawarra or out towards Mount Compass or Melrose (this place is nice http://bartagunyah.com.au/) somewhere where you are the only people for miles around.

Guest Sarah Bradley

Thanks Diane :) but we like the home comforts too much. We have managed to find a cheap rental in the hills for the weekend so looking forward to a musical weekend away. Happy New Year!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Oooohhhh!....I hope they know about your loud singing there might be some sore heads around that weekend!:rolleyes: