nomorehashbrowns

Flying Emirates

Going back in June for our 2 daughters weddings. Looking at flights as I type, been to Changi, and Singapore Airlines was great. But I'm looking at Emirates, via Dubai. Can anyone give me some feedback on Emirates please

We used Emirates in July and were very impressed with them - quickest and most direct route we've had in our 5 trips to UK over the years. Ideal for us as we wanted to go directly to Newcastle - we've had enough of sitting round in Heathrow over the years.

Didn't have a stop over this time - probably will next time though.

Jenny

Can anyone give me some feedback on Emirates please

I'm a gold skywards (emirates) frequent flyer member and just love them. The flights from Adelaide to the UK are now the shortest which is great for taking kids. It's constantly between Emirates and Singapore for the best carrier to/from Aus so either is great.

NWM

I was put off Emirates as when we flew with them we had delayed flights both ways and a missed connection on the way back because of it. Then the car broke down on the way home and we were stuck on the side of the motorway in the freezing cold at midnight with two young children. Coloured my view of the whole thing unfortunately.

Having said that, the airline themselves were fine. Better than the BA and Quantas flights I've been on. I'm not keen on Dubai airport personally and much prefer Changai airport to spend any length of time in. Which given the short stop over times for Emirates shouldn't be a problem anyway (unless your flight gets delayed and you miss the connecting one like we did - not something that happens too often I wouldn't think).

Guest Guest14361

Emirates are good we used them to go to Cyprus via Dubai, great flight departure/ arrival times in and out of adelaide, body clock wise, just be careful of the connector flight times dubai adelaide