Guest kev1968

Is it still as good ?

Guest kev1968

Hi my names Kev, new to this site,was out in Adelaide in 2002 ,loved it to bits,due to family pressure returned back to the uk, what a mistake i made ,going through the process again on a 136 visa this time,hope to here something at the end of this month,i'm a heavy truck mechanic ,married with 3 children hopeing to pick up where i left off, my burning question is , is it still as good ?

Hi Kev,

welcome to PIA, I can't answer whether it's as good as in 2002, but we're loving it!

There are some on here who have been living in Adelaide for a number of years, so know doubt they will answer your question.

Guest caoimhe

Hi Kev, welcome to PIA

Think if you regret coming back you will always have a need to return and find out for yourself if it is as good

Go for it, good luck

I don't think much has changed since 2002 except the tram and a lot of roadworks. If you thought it was ok last time you will probably feel like you are at home when you get here. I did, after living in London for a while, it was so good to see the sky without having to look up, the cleaner air and the scent of those lemon gums. If anything I think Adelaide is slowly improving, with much more entertainment. It was solid from about November to early April this summer.

Guest The Pottertons
    I don't think much has changed since 2002 except the tram and a lot of roadworks. If you thought it was ok last time you will probably feel like you are at home when you get here. I did, after living in London for a while, it was so good to see the sky without having to look up, the cleaner air and the scent of those lemon gums. If anything I think Adelaide is slowly improving, with much more entertainment. It was solid from about November to early April this summer.

Rachel- you are unfailingly the best advert for Adelaide! You describe it and i can imagine myself there with you!:jiggy: yvonne x

I love lemon gums, you can be walking along the street and then you suddenly smell this lemony smell. The lemon gum's leaves also smell lemony if you crush them. Pepper trees also give off a hot peppery smell.

Rachel- you are unfailingly the best advert for Adelaide! You describe it and i can imagine myself there with you!:jiggy: yvonne x

I'll second that Yvonne! Rachel, I always read your posts - regardless of the subject - you are always so interesting and informative and as Yvonne says - such a great ambassador for Adelaide. You really ought to write a book about your experiences there. I am sure it would make a great read.!

regards

Mariane

Guest Guest75
    Hi my names Kev, new to this site,was out in Adelaide in 2002 ,loved it to bits,due to family pressure returned back to the uk, what a mistake i made ,going through the process again on a 136 visa this time,hope to here something at the end of this month,i'm a heavy truck mechanic ,married with 3 children hopeing to pick up where i left off, my burning question is , is it still as good ?

I'm sure you'll still like and enjoy Adelaide.

You'll notice a lot more new houses and building going on.

House prices /rents/groceries have gone up dramatically.

But it's still lovely old Aunty Adelaide :D:D