Guest Trakki

Suncream

Guest Trakki

Just wondering after spending a fortune on decent high factor suncream. Does suncream cost a fortune in Oz? Here it is extortionate. I have 2 ginger haired children and 2 blonde haired children all with fair skin and me who only has to think about the sun and I am burnt I really need to know if I am going to have to take out a second motgage to keep us all smothered. I tend to use total sun block.

Thanks

Guest Zoot

Dont stress - the Ozzies are very very sun conscious so sun block is cheap - they encourage the use of the high factor sunscreens - you will be fine.

You can buy large pump packs about 1 litre of the stuff for about $20 in places like Big W. As long as it is factor 30 it doesn't matter if it is a cheapy brand. My youngest has red hair and so when she was born we altered our lifestyle, like going to the beach in the late afternoon instead of earlier, same with parks etc, mornings or later in the day. The kids in primary schools get sun smart drummed into them, have a no hat no play policy, which means sitting in the shade all break if you don't have your hat. Some schools enforce this even in the winter terms.

hi ya good point to make...now i burn from the light from a mag light torch lol but as for sun cream if your still in uk go to boots or superdrug and get some stuff called RIENMANN P20 (look on net for picture of bottle) its about £20 a bottle (does seem alot) but you use it once a day, all you do is apply first thing in morning (its goes on sticky) let it soak in and you can go swimming all day and be out in sun all day and its fine...i always use this when ever i USED to go to spain for hols

as i said i always use this and when ever im on the beach it makes me laugh watching everyone else always slapping on more cream and im happly protected lol look at reviews about P20 ive got 2 young girls both blonde they are 5 years and 11 months so i always use this on them

alex

Guest Trakki

Thankyou all for your replies. Glad to know that I won't be made bankrupt!! :biglaugh:

ALthough now worried as after doing the school run the other day with factor 50+ on and still getting burnt I think I will bw in trouble IF we ever get to Oz, never mind at least the children didn't burn and I don't have any trouble getting them to wear hats.

Thanks again

Guest moneypenny

Hi Alex,

We use the same stuff as you, worth every penny. Hubby and myself are in Mexico at the moment and the lotion is working a treat, like you say once a day.

Moneypenny