fundraising coffee morning

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

Hi there its been a very long time since ive posted on here, but my old friend from here suggested i post as im holding a coffee and cake morning on saturday 10th 10-12 am to try to raise some funds for fauna rescue as I have a commercial coffee machine plumbed in at home I thought id put it to good use. All proceeds will go to them as I am supplying coffee milk and homemade cakes it will be nice to meet some new poms too, ive been here almost 7 years now so maybe able to help out any newbies in the area. Im in happy valley up the chandlers hill area come and donate what you like and have a coffee with me or even just grab a takeaway coffee and help the native animals :smile:pm for address if your interested as i dont want it all over the internet thanks donna

What a wonderful thing to do :notworthy:

Fauna Rescue are a great organisation with vollies who have been in the fire zone rescuing any animal they can. They seem busy enough without any extra influx.

So, people can get a posh coffee, a professional homemade cake, meet new people AND help some of our native animals? Awesome!

:wubclub: LC

Guest dunnarunna

Ive spoken to a lady at fauna rescue sa they will be so grateful to receive any donation I can raise, also they need teddy bears between 30 - 50 cm as the koalas love something to cuddle (awwwwww) so it would be great if anyone attending could bring one, I will drop them off to them on sunday?

Edited by dunnarunna

Ive spoken to a lady at fauna rescue sa they will be so grateful to receive any donation I can raise, also they need teddy bears between 30 - 50 cm as the koalas love something to cuddle (awwwwww) so it would be greater if anyone attending could bring one, I will drop them off to them on sunday.

Did she tell you how many they need, Donna?

As you know, I've been collecting them for the same purpose, but haven't been told at what point to stop!!

Thanks,

LC

No she didnt say maybe one of us should ask before they get inundated with teddies

I texted her, and the message I got back was 'probably enough teddies'.

The problem with collecting too many teddies is that even sorting them out, and taking them elsewhere, takes time.

We might have time, but I think most rescues at the moment are inundated with work, so no time to sort or reroute donations, and storage space taken up that might be better used for other things.

You're collecting syringes now though, aren't you?

:wubclub: LC

Another thing I use to ask for was old pillowcases, old wool socks and baby nests, these all work as pouches for joeys of all sizes. I'm not sure what milk they use but donations of wombaroo would be perfect as it does keep and is expensive to buy when you have so many joeys without their mother for your nearest stockist check here http://www.wombaroo.com.au/search-stockists

Guest dunnarunna

Yes syringes are needed but it is cash they need the most hence why im doing the coffee morning to give people a little something back for their donation, but if anyone wants to drop off any wambaroo or koala mitts to me thats fine too as I will be taking the syringes and teddies to them sunday, thanks

Edited by dunnarunna
removed address now event over

Guest dunnarunna

Just a quick reminder for this all welcome who want to come and make a donation to a great cause, be it cash or animal food, bandages,etc ive heard they have been getting quite a few koalas in so all donations will be gratefully received

:notworthy:

Guest dunnarunna

Think they have enough teddies now sarah as a friend of mine dropped off a load to them today and lc has collected some too, thanks :) my address is on here now if you want to attend the coffee morning your welcome

Think they have enough teddies now sarah as a friend of mine dropped off a load to them today and lc has collected some too,

Yes, and it shows how quickly requests can be met. I kept in touch with the carer who has 'my' koala lol, and she asked me to get the teddies.

I'm now wishing I'd said no, and stuck to continuing to donate money. Still, at least the op shops have prospered a little from my travels trying to find bears lol!

Oh well.

Guest dunnarunna

I know lc think it looks the same with the syringes the woman asked for, you still got them im sure they will always use them, thats why I thought id try to raise them some cash they can never get enough of that :) be proud of your efforts at least your helping :)

Good on both of you for your efforts :)

Alas I don't think I can make the coffee morning as we have a family lunch out today and need to set off on the earlier side. Good luck with it all.

I did donate cash the other day in Coles (don't normally shop there but read on a sign as I was passing they were matching donations made so legged it in). Handed over some bits and bobs also. It all helps :)

Guest dunnarunna

Hardly mobbed, but thanks to my generous friends who did bother to come in the rain and the one couple from here who came ( nice to meet you ) I managed to raise 195 bucks so got to be pleased with that :)

And I got some brand new teddies and a box of syringes to drop off tomorrow

Guest dunnarunna

I didnt realise terry was was gluten free till my friend told me so good job I made the eclairs wanted to cater for everyone esp allergies, you asked what flour I used it was the plain orgran one from supermarket I make the same as normal choux pastry, remember to spray with water before cooking helps to rise :)

Guest Claire-n-tel
I didnt realise terry was was gluten free till my friend told me so good job I made the eclairs wanted to cater for everyone esp allergies, you asked what flour I used it was the plain orgran one from supermarket I make the same as normal choux pastry, remember to spray with water before cooking helps to rise :)

Hmmmm......that's what I used last time......I'll have to try again I think........else I'll be sending Tel to you every Saturday morning :cute: