Guest ajbritton

Recommendation for evaporative air conditioning installer

Guest ajbritton

Can anyone recommend a reliable installer of residential evaporative air conditioning in Adelaide? We are in the Blackwood suburb.

Thinking of getting quotes from Mannix and Sharpe ERS, but have seen some negative comments on Whirlpool...

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

We used Morphett Air Conditioning on Marion Road, about 10 years ago now, and the last one we used was Mannix, Morphett Vale. In both cases we went for the most expensive we could afford and were very pleased with both installations

We had Sharpe ERS for an air conditioning service and I could write a book on the saga! It was a shame because we have used them previously for appliance repairs and have been happy with the service we received, hence why we decided to give them a try for our air conditioning service. I understand there has been issues with the air conditioning side of things. Happy to expand in a PM if you want more details.

I have had a few reverse cycle units installed but have only had one evaporated unit put in.

Mannix installed two systems. Cowboys! Broke roof tiles and installed the wrong circuit breaker so tat it tripped when the weather got hot!!

Anyway...evaporative.

The house that I live in had an old Braemar evap unit. My OH went to airconditioning warehouse in Lonsdale to get a price for a replacement unit and went for the biggest Bonnaire unit that they sold. He got chatting and was provided with the recommended installer from aircon warehouse. He gave the bloke a hand to get it on the roof and paid cash...saving 60% compared to the quotes from the companies.

That was over 4 years ago and it's working flawlessly...

Guest ffi&dyl

we had our Breezair Evaporative Unit installed by Adelaide Heating and Cooling in December, highly recommend them.

Guest ajbritton

Thanks for the replies. We went with a Breezeair installed C & J Heating & Cooling. They arrived on time and had everything installed in a couple of hours.