suziewozie

Buffalo Boat Restaurant in Glenelg

Guest jill wright

Hi can't help with that but just a question when is mothers day over there (it was march 2nd here) and which other special dates vary ie fathers day etc

Jill

Guest guest569
    Hi can't help with that but just a question when is mothers day over there (it was march 2nd here) and which other special dates vary ie fathers day etc

Jill

I think fathers day is Sept 10th.

Queens Birthday Mon 9th June :jiggy: Another bank Holiday Monday coming !!!:biglaugh:

Hi I went there last June when friends came over, I found the food and service great really. I can imagine will be very busy on mothers day !!!

Guest smit

Have been there once, and would not bother again, probably 2nd worst meal ive had here.Would rather go Jacks fish shack or even Cafe Primo

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Yuck!:wacko:Worse meal I have had in Adelaide

Mother's day is this sunday.

Went to the boat about 10 yrs ago, meal was ok.

Also don't bother with the revolving restaurant in Glenelg either. Service slow, prices high and you are def paying for the novelty of watching the Adelaide slowly revolve, however a lot of apartments have gone up since it was built, blocking some of the view. Decor was holey(walls) and food was ok. Go once for the novelty factor but not more than that.

Guest jill wright
    I think fathers day is Sept 10th.

Queens Birthday Mon 9th June :jiggy: Another bank Holiday Monday coming !!!:biglaugh:

That can't be her official birthday cos thats 21th April or if I'm wrong don't let my son Thomas know cos that's his Birthday and I've always told him he shares it with the Queen. Good to know you get a Bank Holiday for it even we don't get one here and we're her mother land for god sake :biglaugh:

Jill

That can't be her official birthday cos thats 21th April or if I'm wrong don't let my son Thomas know cos that's his Birthday and I've always told him he shares it with the Queen. Good to know you get a Bank Holiday for it even we don't get one here and we're her mother land for god sake :biglaugh:

Jill

Hi Jill

I think they call it her 'official birthday' as its when she became Queen - dont they have the Trooping of the Colour in UK on the same day? Her real birthday is 21st April - you are right there. It was the same day as my Mum's which is how I remember! We get a holiday here in NZ too but on 2nd June. I guess thats one day's holiday which will disappear then both countries become republics!

Cheers

Mariane

Guest jill wright
    Hi Jill

I think they call it her 'official birthday' as its when she became Queen - dont they have the Trooping of the Colour in UK on the same day? Her real birthday is 21st April - you are right there. It was the same day as my Mum's which is how I remember! We get a holiday here in NZ too but on 2nd June. I guess thats one day's holiday which will disappear then both countries become republics!

Cheers

Mariane

Hi Maraine thanks for that and enjoy the holiday while you can I don't blame you ! Anyway if we were to have a Bank Holiday here for it , it would only rain anyway :biglaugh:

Jill x

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Mother's day is this sunday.

Went to the boat about 10 yrs ago, meal was ok.

Also don't bother with the revolving restaurant in Glenelg either. .

I have heard this restuarant referred to as the revolting restuarant!!:biglaugh:

sarah

Guest chippie74

not been there but theres a good ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET across the road worth a visit

Well we did go to the Buffalo Restaurant for Mothers Day and we had a very pleasant meal out. There were ten of us including four children. The restaurant has a newish owner ( taken over 1.5 years ago) and we had a really great time there. The food was good, we had a three course meal with plenty of wine. We will definately go back.

We then went to the Marina and saw a Dolphin swimming around, so a fantastic end to a great day.

:D

We've always had a good meal from the Buffalo. My Dad said this was the best meal he had in Adelaide when they came over a few years ago. Then again, my Dad only likes fish and chips. lol We've been there a few times and have always enjoyed the meals. My OH is a Chef by trade so he's very fussy.

I think the revolting restaurant is the revolving restaurant people may be getting mixed up with. That I can agree with.

Guest Dantor3000

hi - we went with friends to the Buffalo Boat in October last year (3 adults, 5 kids including a baby), it was fine. We were told it was average but the kids like it - we found it to be just that. Food pretty good, service fine - and the kids were happy in the kiddie corner - i would imagine its what you go expecting that may leave you disappointed? We've been to far worse places, and we are quite fussy! ;)