Pmenlove

Short term rental required

Looking for a holiday rental in or around Adelaide from 22nd July until 14th August 2015 for a family of 4? Will also consider Mount Gambier and Victor Harbour or other areas but not too remote.

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Mount Gambier and Victor are quite remote from the city. Do you need a rental that far out?

I have a number of properties that may be suitable for you in the Port Noarlunga area but Port Noarlunga is 50km from Victor Harbour.

You can view the properties on http://www.homesdownunder.com.au

As you are here during the quiet winter period you will have a selection of available holiday and short term rentals to choose from...

Check out stayz.com.au, takeabreak.com.au, airbnb.com.au and the accomodation section on here. Or just search for holiday accomodation Adelaide. Make sure you email the owners to get a quote as some will give a discount for longer stays, especially during the off season.

Mount Gambia is about a 5 hour drive from Adelaide so is pretty remote itself. Are you sure you meant Mount Gambia and not Mount Barker? I'd suggest getting on Google maps and looking at where all the areas mentioned on here are in relation to each other. And do the get directions thing to get driving times to give you a better idea of how close things are to each other.

Edited by NicF

Check out stayz.com.au, takeabreak.com.au, airbnb.com.au and the accomodation section on here. Or just search for holiday accomodation Adelaide. Make sure you email the owners to get a quote as some will give a discount for longer stays, especially during the off season.

Take a break and rentahome have been absorbed by Stayz.

Properties that were not formerly on Stayz were migrated across.

You are right...you should get a good price for a long stay during off peak times.

My properties are listed on there too!

Take a break and rentahome have been absorbed by Stayz.

Properties that were not formerly on Stayz were migrated across.

You are right...you should get a good price for a long stay during off peak times.

My properties are listed on there too!

Shows how long it is since I booked a holiday home in Australia. OP, if you like the look of a place on Stayz then go and Google the place to see if they have their own website - you will get better rates by not going through Stayz as they charge the owners and the costs get passed on.

It's worth just noting that quite a few people on here have stayed in Tamara's properties and been very happy with them. Also, Tyke on here has property he lets out and people on here have been happy with those as well. Both would be worth a look to see if they are what you are looking for. I haven't used either so couldn't make a personal recommendation (I stayed at my Mother in Laws when I moved over and before that stayed in a Heritage property in North Adelaide).

Shows how long it is since I booked a holiday home in Australia. OP, if you like the look of a place on Stayz then go and Google the place to see if they have their own website - you will get better rates by not going through Stayz as they charge the owners and the costs get passed on.

It's worth just noting that quite a few people on here have stayed in Tamara's properties and been very happy with them. Also, Tyke on here has property he lets out and people on here have been happy with those as well. Both would be worth a look to see if they are what you are looking for. I haven't used either so couldn't make a personal recommendation (I stayed at my Mother in Laws when I moved over and before that stayed in a Heritage property in North Adelaide).

Thank you very much for this! Much appreciated Nic.

You are so right about the prices. They have to be higher on the holiday sites as they charge the owners around $20 per night and this fee is passed on to the guest.. If I was charging $80 per night on my web site then the same property for the same dates would have to be $100 to ensure that I received $80. You will always get a better deal by going direct to the owner and with winter coming it makes sense to negotiable a discount.

AIRBNB also charges per night fees and these are also passed on to the guest.

It's also possible to split your bookings when you deal directly with owners. If I am short of entire dates then Tyke at Auseelife or Kris at Margaritasplace may have the period to complete the full booking. You can also guarantee that your money is safe with Australian Business registered places who have been around a few years.

Thankyou all for your help, we have found a couple of self catering cottages now and are waiting on prices. Victor Harbour Holiday park looks cheap as chips for a visit, anybody stayed here?

Victor harbour is a long way from the city. Where do you need to be for your visit, if you want to visit the City regularly then that is a bit far out.

Hubby has done a fair bit of camping down there or the park next to it. Says he remembers it all being fine but last time were we down that way was 2010. Nice area to stay, should be fine for a holiday or a base to check out some of the area and into Adelaide a bit. It's a fair drive it you plan to head into say the CBD daily but for a few day trips in and stuff I think it's ok ish distance wise. You can also do other stuff from there or head to the hills and stuff to do touristy things. Be prepared for an hour to 90 minutes or so (perhaps longer) drive to get to Adelaide or southern burbs from there. It's winter so keep in mind it will be lacking on the things to do front down in Victor.

Guest wen66

We stayed in Tyke's house in Seaford Rise for 26 sleeps during November beginning of December 2014, we loved it. :smile:. The new train line is only 10 mins walk/ Moana Beach 10 mins walk. x