Conandviv

registered migration agent recommendations pls!

Emigrating from north west UK to Adelaide, can anyone recommend a registered migration agent or would anyone recommend going through the process independently?

Thanks for any advice! :-)

Go Matilda and Visa Bureau both get good feedback on our bigger sister site, Poms in Oz.

I didn't use an agent as mine was a partner visa application and straightforward. Plenty do go the DIY route and manage fine. I think if you are confident with forms and info gathering etc then you could probably go it alone. But if your case could be complicated or you are nervous about it all, consider an agent. I'd sit down and go through the visa PDF and see what it all entails and see how you feel about it. Certain visa types can be more long winded than others.

Go Matilda and Visa Bureau both get good feedback on our bigger sister site, Poms in Oz.

I didn't use an agent as mine was a partner visa application and straightforward. Plenty do go the DIY route and manage fine. I think if you are confident with forms and info gathering etc then you could probably go it alone. But if your case could be complicated or you are nervous about it all, consider an agent. I'd sit down and go through the visa PDF and see what it all entails and see how you feel about it. Certain visa types can be more long winded than others.

Great advice, thanks again! :-)

I suppose it all depends on the individual but I managed to apply for a 489 on my own. Lots of filing out online forms and collecting evidence but for me it was definitely worth saving a few grand by doing it myself. What is your occupation by the way?

I suppose it all depends on the individual but I managed to apply for a 489 on my own. Lots of filing out online forms and collecting evidence but for me it was definitely worth saving a few grand by doing it myself. What is your occupation by the way?

Thanks for the advice! I am a special needs teacher.

We looked at The Emigration group based in Chester. We went to one of their open advise days and paid for a individual consultation. They seemed ok, but they didn't want to risk their reputation on my health preventing us getting a visa. So in the end we used them to understand the process in more detail then did it ourselves and saved ourselves lost of money. Enough to start to pay for the container!!.

To be honest, as a teacher myself, it was a fairly straightforward process. The first step was to send my qualifications off to AITSL to have them verified. Any advice needed give me a shout.

We are using go Matilda, my husband is a painter/decorator, and he has had to do a separate qualification before we can apply for visa, and tbh I think without their help we would have really struggled to get everything together and fill in all the forms we have had to so far. Haven't got as fa r as visa application yet either!

We looked at The Emigration group based in Chester. We went to one of their open advise days and paid for a individual consultation. They seemed ok, but they didn't want to risk their reputation on my health preventing us getting a visa. So in the end we used them to understand the process in more detail then did it ourselves and saved ourselves lost of money. Enough to start to pay for the container!!.

Great advice, thanks! :-)

I was wondering about to what extent any medical conditions affect them granting a visa, are they very strict?

To be honest, as a teacher myself, it was a fairly straightforward process. The first step was to send my qualifications off to AITSL to have them verified. Any advice needed give me a shout.

We are using go Matilda, my husband is a painter/decorator, and he has had to do a separate qualification before we can apply for visa, and tbh I think without their help we would have really struggled to get everything together and fill in all the forms we have had to so far. Haven't got as fa r as visa application yet either!

We have been through the whole process now.

My medical has been finalised and we are now waiting for the results.

They are strict and it will depend on the medical condition.

Message me direct if I can help I will.

Cheers

I was wondering about to what extent any medical conditions affect them granting a visa, are they very strict?

Guest Allan0351

Hi all, I'm a automotive mechanic and trying really hard to save funds but finding it difficult to save funds , that's the only factor stopping me and my family moving to Adelaide , any suggestions or ideas apart from robbing a bank lol would be very much apericated