Conandviv

Help please! 189 skilled independent visa questions

Can anyone give me an idea of how long their 189 skilled independent visa took to process?

I believe they're valid for five years from date of issue, is that correct?

If it includes my husband and two kids, does it permit my husband to work when we get there?

Does my husband's age affect whether they will grant me the visa? He will be 49 when we intend to make the move?

Thanks again :-)

Hi Conandviv, I don't know the answer to question No 1.

Question No 2 the attached travel facility of 189 is valid for 5 years (the visa itself indefinite), but your initial entry has to be made no later than 12 months from the issuing date of either the police checks or medicals (depending on which one is made 1st).

Of course, husband would be allowed to work, but could struggle if he doesn't bring along an Australian trades recognition certificate as many employers don't trust foreign trades papers not officially recognized by the appropriate Australian authorities like TRA.

The age of 49 I don't know if that's a problem as Australia allows migrants up to the age of 50 to be attached to a visa but that's a tricky question other members might know better.

Hi Conandviv, I don't know the answer to question No 1.

Question No 2 the attached travel facility of 189 is valid for 5 years (the visa itself indefinite), but your initial entry has to be made no later than 12 months from the issuing date of either the police checks or medicals (depending on which one is made 1st).

Of course, husband would be allowed to work, but could struggle if he doesn't bring along an Australian trades recognition certificate as many employers don't trust foreign trades papers not officially recognized by the appropriate Australian authorities like TRA.

The age of 49 I don't know if that's a problem as Australia allows migrants up to the age of 50 to be attached to a visa but that's a tricky question other members might know better.

Thanks so much for the advice, much appreciated!

Edited by Conandviv