Johnny Kash

Attention New Order Fans

Peter Hook and the Light are playing The Gov on 15th Feb.

Should be a great night, Hooky's son playing in the band! I missed them first time around but love a bit of New Order

Just read Hooky's Hacienda book, so funny. Would love to have lived in Manchester around that time (apart from all the gangsters running around) :biglaugh:

Its a great era of music. Have you ever read The late Tony Wilson's book 'your entitled to an opinion' ? Its a great read all about factory records and the hacienda. Also check out a film called 24 hr party people if u haven't yet, all about late 70s to late 80s Madchester music scene..

Its a great era of music. Have you ever read The late Tony Wilson's book 'your entitled to an opinion' ? Its a great read all about factory records and the hacienda. Also check out a film called 24 hr party people if u haven't yet, all about late 70s to late 80s Madchester music scene..

Yep, I have seen 24 hr party people, enjoyed it a lot. Steve Coogan was fantastic in it. Will have to check out Mr Wilsons' book.

I also read Barney Sumners' book which covers that era, a real shame he and Hooky fell out so badly.

The impact of that whole Madchester era was incredible looking back. I grew up in a small town in North East Scotland and as teenagers we were all bowling about in Reni Hats, Kickers and Inspiral Carpets T Shirts (Moo) :cool:. Probably the last great youth movement in the UK - of which Im sure T Wilson approved !!

Guest Guest75

Thanks for the heads up. One of my fave bands from that era.!!

I grew up in the Hacienda!! Or it felt like it, standing next to Martin Fry whilst watching the Happy Mondays. I was 18 at the perfect time and the music scene was amazing. I remember I had a t shirt that said '061......we prefer to call it Manchester'. I used to buy my clothes from Aflex Palace, I thought I was the bees knees!

I grew up in the Hacienda!! Or it felt like it, standing next to Martin Fry whilst watching the Happy Mondays. I was 18 at the perfect time and the music scene was amazing. I remember I had a t shirt that said '061......we prefer to call it Manchester'. I used to buy my clothes from Aflex Palace, I thought I was the bees knees!

lucky man.

I remember seeing Happy Mondays graffiti all around school and wondering what it was all about, was only a young loon at the time. Then the Stone Roses arrived, and that was it for me and most of my mates ... Manchester in the Area :cool: