Archery Clubs

The son of someone I know does archery. When I next see him I'll ask him what club he goes to. Or I'll try to catch his Mum and see if she knows.

I know I've seen archery being done in the Parklands around the CBD. My hubby said he'd done it there in years gone past too but has no clue about what the club offers these days.

In the meantime, have you checked out this website? http://archerysa.org.au/

They list clubs there, all the club emblems are links to the clubs, and I would think you could call round or email and see what they offer (if it doesn't say on their website).

There's a very popular one on the corner of States Road and Wheatsheaf Rd, Morphett Vale. That's the Wilfred Taylor Reserve if you don't know it. Also has dog training club, miniaturize train rides, r/c car racing club, picnic areas that get use a lot, and nice walks though the park for you and your dogs.

Just reread your post and see you're into field shooting. Can't say that I've come across that anywhere, let alone bare-bow. Many years ago, I 'shot' for the RAF in Singapore and have considered taking it up again, especially as my golf, sucks.

Edited by DougM

Thank you everyone.

Snifter, thanks for that, we have looked on the website and know where they are across the region, but first hand knowledge of clubs is a much better indicator than info on the websites.

Sidestep, I will message Sally and see what she has to say, thank you.

DougM, thank you I will have a look and see what one you mean.

At the moment my daughter is the national champion for her age group and we want her archery to continue. I am a regional coach and we participate as a family so we really are looking for a good club that can accommodate us all.

Thank you all once again.

Cheers