Jessica Berry

Adelaide migrants visiting the East Midlands

Hi

My partner and I emigrated from Nottingham in March 2007 to Adelaide. We are coming to Nottingham for my brothers wedding in September/October 2008 and I have noticed on PIA that there is an East Midlands Forum that meet (is it still going?).

We wondered if you would be interested in us making a ‘guest appearance’ to answer your questions about anything related to making the move, OAA and meet and greet service, jobs, housing, life in Adelaide and anything else you might want to know.

We do not have any children, so will not be very good at answering any child related questions!

My partner works in IT, we came on a skilled independent visa as his job was on the ‘wanted’ list and I work in administration.

We feel in the past year we have been in Adelaide, we have made a good life for ourselves and view our emigration as a success and would be willing to share our experiences with you all, good and bad, if it would help.

Obviously we have limited time back in the UK, so we don’t want to waste our time (or yours) if people are genuinely not interested or won’t bother turning up, but we would be happy to attend a group event if people are interested.

Guest The Pottertons

Hi Jessica, that sounds great- dont think there has been an east mids meet for some time and we would definitely be up for it. We are in leicester so not far and would find your advice invaluable. Hope you get enough interest! Come on East Midlanders- lovely excuse for a get together!!!! Yvonne x

Hi Jessica, that sounds great- dont think there has been an east mids meet for some time and we would definitely be up for it. We are in leicester so not far and would find your advice invaluable. Hope you get enough interest! Come on East Midlanders- lovely excuse for a get together!!!! Yvonne x

Hi Yvonne

I have also put this thread on the migration issues section and had a response from Shelley32 so look on that one as well and maybe respond so they know you are interested, to encourage others.

I am not sure if the East Midlands forum still meets but I had come across references to it on PIA so thought I would email in case there is a meet planned for Sept/Oct when we are back and offer our advice and what life is really like in Adelaide from a East Midlands couple that made the move.