snifter

School name tags/labels... can you recommend a website/company please?

There seem to be a few to choose from and I am dubious about which one to take a punt on in terms of quality. I've used a few label companies in the UK in the past and its been mixed. The last of my sew in and stick on labels have just been used up with the return to school tomorrow.

I need stick on labels for lunch box, bottle and so on and also iron on/transfer ones for clothes and other soft items.

Anyone used a company they would/could recommened?

Stuck On You seems to look decent but my kid is growing out of the younger kiddie fonts and stuff. I don't really need little pictures or fancy fonts, just clearly named stuff.

:smile:

I think woolworths have a free offer for school lables if you buy certain items.. had a voucher code on my receipt.. maybe worth a look??

You do much better than me - I just write on everything with a permanent marker or laundry pen. I bought a whole load of sew in name tags when my eldest started school when he was four. Most of them are still in my sewing box and he is now 13 :embarressed:.

We've used Tiny Me twice now - the first time I ordered was just after we arrived and we still have loads of stickers for the older two but youngest has zipped through hers so it was just a single order this time. I toyed with Blue Hippo but read a few poor reviews so decided to stick with what we know. I just can't believe the amount of things that need sticker-ing - I've tried the Sharpie thing but it washes off so quickly I gave up.

I think woolworths have a free offer for school lables if you buy certain items.. had a voucher code on my receipt.. maybe worth a look??

Thanks, though I just did a big shop and don't think I'll get or need all the items.

Yeah, sharpies wash and I had some labels that didn't wash off which was fab. Could wash lunchbox and bottle and never peeled off!

I love sew in labels apart from sewing them in :| so iron on it is from now on.

I got my last order from brightstarkids.com.au they have lasted well.. still stuck on strong after a year of washing lunch tubs etc..

They do have a picture on the side but I cut them off for my son who's 11

You can get plain labels, stick on and iron on from That's mine. I ordered some for my husband, and now we tend to get all the things he leaves in other places returned.

The best school labels I got were from Cash's. Sew on, but we did it at the beginning of the year and it lasted.

Haha my experience from when my kids were in primary school was, if it disappeared then it usually didn't come back , named or not. Made me wonder how people could wash and hang out their kid's uniform and not notice that it was a different size, maybe a lot newer. There always seemed to be a lot of old grubby stuff in the lost property cupboard.

Haha my experience from when my kids were in primary school was, if it disappeared then it usually didn't come back , named or not. Made me wonder how people could wash and hang out their kid's uniform and not notice that it was a different size, maybe a lot newer. There always seemed to be a lot of old grubby stuff in the lost property cupboard.

Yep - our eldest "lost" her lunch box during her second week at High School last year (all named) it turned up in a teachers office in the week before last of the last week of term 4 with everything still in it including the peach stone.... Goodness knows why the teacher just didn't find out which class "Jo Bloggs" was in is beyond me.

Fortunately though, even though we have sew-in labels in all their clothes, since they don't have to get changed for PE or anything here we don't seem to lose too much uniform - it's scout and guide camps that things go missing on.

Snifter - the Tinyme stickers have lasted 2 years through the dishwasher on most things, I think one or two may have come off but I think it's more to do with positioning (if I stick them on they stay stuck...) And the choice of pictures on the labels is somewhat overwhelming - the Tinyme ones are customisable (if that's a word) so you can even have a face that looks like your son's (ish).