samandcraig

Recommended car hire from the airport?

We booked through Holiday Autos when we were over back in August & the hire company were called East Coast Rentals. Couldn't fault them at all. They had a shuttle running from the airport to their office which was a 5 minute journey. They picked us up within 10 minutes of ringing to let them know we were through baggage. Would recommend them.

We booked through Holiday Autos when we were over back in August & the hire company were called East Coast Rentals. Couldn't fault them at all. They had a shuttle running from the airport to their office which was a 5 minute journey. They picked us up within 10 minutes of ringing to let them know we were through baggage. Would recommend them.

thankyou, I will take a look xx

Hey Samandcraig was looking for car rentals too, but was wondering if any car other than a van would be enough for us to accommodate 4 people plus maybe 6-8 bags! :-)

We used Aussie Car Rentals but I'm not sure if they're still around - a relatively recent thread on here suggested they might not be (I'll search and see if I can find it - here it is: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/transport-shipping/43130-transport-airport.html ).

I know Doug on here offers lifts if you wanted to drop him a pm.

Edited by flossybeth
    adding link

We arrived two weeks ago and also used East Coast car rentals. They don't have an office at the airport but you give them a call and they come and pick you up in their shuttle bus. We found them to be very helpful and professional. We had a huge amount of luggage ( 159kgs and 9 x hand baggage, plus we are a family of five. We hired a Hyundai I-Max 8 seater. They loaded all of our luggage into the car for us whilst we sorted out the paperwork, let me use their phone to make a personal call and fitted the toddler car seat. They also lent us a street map free of charge. We returned our 8 seater after a week and down-sized to a smaller car whilst we looked for one to buy. when we dropped off our hire car a day early ( as we had bought our own car by then), they credited us the day! Would use them again!

We arrived two weeks ago and also used East Coast car rentals. They don't have an office at the airport but you give them a call and they come and pick you up in their shuttle bus. We found them to be very helpful and professional. We had a huge amount of luggage ( 159kgs and 9 x hand baggage, plus we are a family of five. We hired a Hyundai I-Max 8 seater. They loaded all of our luggage into the car for us whilst we sorted out the paperwork, let me use their phone to make a personal call and fitted the toddler car seat. They also lent us a street map free of charge. We returned our 8 seater after a week and down-sized to a smaller car whilst we looked for one to buy. when we dropped off our hire car a day early ( as we had bought our own car by then), they credited us the day! Would use them again!

brilliant thanks so much for that.....how are you settling in??

Great, nice to hear that they supported so well. I know we are linked on another topic of mine as well. Please keep us posted on your experience on rental homes, job search and other activities.