Guest sallyanne0073

New To Poms

Guest sallyanne0073

Good Evening to you in Adelaide, Im Sally and my husband is James we are new to this site, and would just like to introduce ourselfs we live in England and have visted Adelaide twice Now since Daughter moved out two years ---yes we Love It .

Guest Guest75

A warm welcome to you two.

You are certainly not on your own having children / family here.

A lot of people we know have moved over to be with their children.

Couple of posters on here have.

Hello and welcome. I think that there are many people in the same boat as you who visit children who move here. Have family visiting us at the end of the year.

Welcome!

There are many family members visiting and you should be able to meet a few of them through this forum.

My parents are visiting at the moment (for the 4th time!). They have bought a camper and spent a few months here and then a few months in the UK. they love it too!

Hi

I'm from UK, though been in NZ since 2003 and planning upon spending a year in Adelaide. We, wife from Switzerland, and our two young daughters, will be following of course; probably very late April if not beginning of May. I'll be in the nursing agency. Currently I've read to rent a house it's best to be north of Cross Road but below Grand Junction Road? Otherwise, I personally, want a break from earthquake ridden Christchurch; to go somewhere different with the two children for a change; a break, etc!

Bye for now...Troy

Hi

I'm from UK, though been in NZ since 2003 and planning upon spending a year in Adelaide. We, wife from Switzerland, and our two young daughters, will be following of course; probably very late April if not beginning of May. I'll be in the nursing agency. Currently I've read to rent a house it's best to be north of Cross Road but below Grand Junction Road? Otherwise, I personally, want a break from earthquake ridden Christchurch; to go somewhere different with the two children for a change; a break, etc!

Bye for now...Troy

Hi @troy welcome to the forum. Switzerland looks lovely and a place I've always wanted to visit. It's the same with New Zealand I would love to visit but like you mention I'm not sure I could live there with all the earthquakes. We have friends who moved to NZ and they don't seem to be able to relax at all and are always worrying when the next earthquake will hit.

What made you choose Adelaide?