LisaHowells

Baking in Australia

Hi am am a keen baker and in England I used stork to make cupcakes/cakes etc. I have looked in the supermarket but I am struggling to find anything similar. Can anyone who also bakes cakes tell me what they use, or point me in the right direction please.

Thank you

Lisa

Butter in our house also.

I never used stork in the UK either, butter there too, so didn't have to look for an alternative.

Guest Guest75

Seen the temps forecast for next week - everything will be baking!! 38c :shocked:

I use Nuttelex Original for baking - I struggle with butter here because it has water added so I rarely buy pure butter but if the occasion calls for it I will stretch to Lurpak.

I use Nuttelex Original for baking - I struggle with butter here because it has water added so I rarely buy pure butter but if the occasion calls for it I will stretch to Lurpak.

The only butter I've used that has been a problem because of water added is one of the spreadable straight from the fridge things. The blocks of butter are fine. I used to use Coles own brand butter for baking but have recently switched to Flora Proactive as my OH has slightly raised cholesterol. There are heaps of margarines to choose from in the supermarket - it's just a case of finding one that you like.

Thank you so much I will get some and try

There is a cooking marg you can buy as I use it in my baking in most of the supermarkets maybe not coles now as they don't sell it anymore I think

There is a cooking marg you can buy as I use it in my baking in most of the supermarkets maybe not coles now as they don't sell it anymore I think

I was in my local Woolies today and saw these

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423207668.019637.jpg